[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the best hip hop album ever and why is it pic related?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: cover.jpg (220KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
220KB, 450x450px
what's the best hip hop album ever and why is it pic related?
>>
>memerap
>good
kys
>>
>>71036207
>meme swords
>good at all
Will never understand the hype for this album.

Literally WHAT is the appeal
>>
>>71038040
Every track is good.
>>
i don't get how people can prefer this to 36 chambers at all
>>
>>71036233
>>71038040
>>71038500
What the fuck is wrong with you people.
>>
>>71038040
The lyrics are great.
The production is great.
The features are great.
The samplers are great.
Every track is great.

Liquid Swords is the definition of "cold" album.
>>
>>
>>71038793
tech n9ne lul
>>
File: cc8.jpg (58KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
cc8.jpg
58KB, 722x349px
>>71038793
mixing mobb deep and ready to die w/ dmx and the game
>>
>>71038040
What a biting criticism.
>>
>>71038793
>hey i'd like the "i didn't get liquid swords so i'll make a chart listing every other rap album i've listened to as better" special please
>>
>>71036207
All this record has is "muh cool play on lyrics"

Boring ass typical boom bap minimalist beats.

Straight forward as fuck track structures where it's the exact same shit being played over and over again and nothing really deviates.

Not all that special flow from GZA with baby ass rhythms coming from his mouth.

It's amazing that something this monotonous gets praised while more varying, visceral and dynamic artists like Death Grips are considered jokes.
>>
>>71038976
>discounts having great lyrics on a rap record

"all this metal album has is good guitar"

"all this jazz album has is good licks"
>>
>>71039021
>caring about lyrics in MUSIC
Go read some poetry, that shit is much better at lyrical content.
>>
>>71038976
I think your ability to evaluate music outside of your rock comfort zone in just lacking.
>>
>>71039135
at least you've shown yourself to not like rap, so you probably should just leave this thread since you're against the genre
>>
>>71038629
Contrarians, the plague ruining the world desu
>>
>>71038793
I was with you, but then....
>50 cent

Damn it man...
>>
>>71038629
Why did you quote me? >>71038500
>>
>>71038793
>tech n9ne
>hopsin
make you bait less obvious next time
>>
>>71038976
its barely even boom bap
>>
>>71039267
Oh no, I understand hip hop's particular ability to deliver on a style of rhythmic interplay that's can't really be found in rock music. I am just saying that this album sucks ass at delivering that.

>>71039341
Nigga, hip hop didn't emphasize lyrics as super important until 13-14 years into its inception. It's not a huge part of the music, and if anything, guys that only cared for having cool lyrics while having boring ass flow and style have contributed as much to hip hop's downfall as someone who has a banger beat but can't rap for shit.

>>71040499
They are all in that same vein of boring 80s/90s sparse beats. Maybe only a slight step above because of the RZA martial arts flavor sprinkled on it, but it's not a big difference maker.
>>
>>71039381
Shut up, Drake. There's nothing as bad as Heathen or Future2Future on that chart.
>>
>>71038793
>honestly thinking that pound syndrome is a better album than liquid swords

hilarious joke my friend
>>
>>71038629

there is an influx young high school posters

so you will get a lot of shit posts who are legitimate retards who don't lurk first before posting

just dont take these responses seriously
>>
LAMP CITY by Cam Meekins. Not my favorite hip hop album, but it is one of my favorites due to the simple yet amazing production and Atmosphere-like story telling. The bad news is that he falls off after this project, never putting out anything on the level.
>>
>>71040675
>Future2Future
Future 2 future isn't on my chart....
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.