[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arcade Fire killed rock. These fags made it cool to be indie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: arcade-fire-2014.jpg (532KB, 948x532px) Image search: [Google]
arcade-fire-2014.jpg
532KB, 948x532px
Arcade Fire killed rock. These fags made it cool to be indie and now 90% of rock is indie sung by a bunch of kids with no life experience. They took the balls out of rock music.
>>
Rock was killed by post-grunge and nu-metal before Arcade Fire even existed.

Arcade fire has always been chamber pop.
>>
>>71035094
But indie isn't a genre
>>
Who cares? Nobody listens to that kind of music anymore. If you're not black or queer, you're not relevant.
>>
>>71035094
please do bitch more about how not every band is ACDC
>>
>Thinks "muh primal masculinity" is the key to good music
>>
>now 90% of rock is indie sung by a bunch of kids with no life experience

"music sung by a bunch of kinds with no life experience" has been rock's main shtick since the 1950's
>>
>>71035161
indie rock is a genre.
>>
>>71035214
Uncompromizing masculinity is the key to good art in general. Not to mention the only chemo capable of saving us from the cuck cancer of the modern age.
>>
>>71035214
not at all. even singy rock used to have balls to it. pink moon is some real shit.

car seat headrest, arcade fire, and shit like that is what is wrong with rock.
>>
>>71035094
i do really hate the whole indeh aesthetic arcade fire popularized. i don't think it's about some idealised notion of masculinity, i just think they're a bunch of utter wankers

funeral is still the cheesiest most unengaging album i've ever sat through. rebellion (lies) is kind of a guilty pleasure because it has a killer hook, other than that i just felt this odd mixture of embarrassment and boredom every time i listened to it

arseholes
>>
>>71035289
>pink moon
>rock
>>
>>71035289
>Singy rock
You obviously know nothing about music and need to stop spreading your Neanderthal opinions around /mu/ (arcade fire are shit anyway)
>>
>>71035231
Too bad for you OP said indie, not indie rock
>>
>>71035380
folk is a part of rock
>>
>>71035404
shut up
>>
>>71035410
wow, I didn't realize folk derived from rock. thanks for enlightening me anon!
>>
>>71035474
i didn't say folk derived from rock you little faggot.
>>
>>71035410
It literally is not.
>>
>>71035500
saying "folk is a part of rock" implies that and is just as retarded
>>
>>71035519
no it doesn't. it means i can lump them together because they're similar enough.
>>
>>71035556
you do realize folk isn't just folk rock right
>>
>>71035094
no. it's bands like real estate that killed rock
>>
>>71035556
You really can't because one is popular music, the other is traditional music. Unless you think anything with an acoustic guitar is folk
>>
>>71035214
sissy detected
>>
shut the fuck up grandpa
>>
>>71035596
i can lump folk and rock together because i'm not a nitpicking cunt like some of you in here. they sound similar enough.
>>
>>71035214
Youll learn the importance of masculinity one day.
>>
>>71035713
>thinks bruteness means masculinity
>>
>>71035266
it's hard for me to take your elegy for traditional masculinity seriously when you're typing at me in memespeak
>>
>>71035094
do something about it nerd
>>
>>71035289
>singy rock used to have balls to it

you're about to get some balls put to you if you keep talkin about nuts and dicks all day
>>
>>71035707
>i can lump folk and rock together because i'm not a nitpicking cunt
No, you're just a musically uneducated cunt
>>
>>71035877
>falling for the 'geetar muzak is diverse enough to warrant multiple microgenres' meme

kys, if it's not electronic hip hop jazz or classical it's rock
>>
>>71035946
>electronic
>hip hop
Same thing.
>>
>>71035946
>kys, if it's not electronic hip hop jazz or classical it's rock
electronic, hip hop, jazz and rock are all popular music you dummy
>>
>>71035732
its the difference between you taking a girl home or her going with some goofy tory lanez prim and proper kid
>>
>>71035094
Nope. Arcade Fire are nothing like the typical indie rock group though. Not only in how their do their music (especially in terms of arrangement), but their aesthetic as well. Indie rock as a whole has been influenced far more by late 80s/early 90s alternative/dream pop style bands than by Arcade Fire.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.