[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Burzum

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: burzum filosefem.jpg (177KB, 1024x884px) Image search: [Google]
burzum filosefem.jpg
177KB, 1024x884px
I have two questions for you, /mu/:

1) Do you like Burzum?
2) Do you agree with Varg's political views?
>>
>>71019204
yes
no
>>
Yes
No
>>
Yes
Yes
>>
Guess what:
Yes, and no.
>>
yes
no
>>
No
No
>>
Strangely, no and yes.
I don't like his music, but I think he's a fascinating person.
>>
>>71019204
eh
no
>>
>>71019219
>>71019231
>>71019248
>>71019274
Interesting. Do you like a lot of other black metal as well? Also, do you ever think "hm why am I listening to someone I really disagree with, who I think is a bad person?", or do you just put that to one side and not think about it? Do you never feel any sort of guilt or anything?

>>71019239
Fair. I think I agree with him on some things but then on other things I think he's a bit stupid. Like the survivalism and his conviction that society is going to collapse soon - I don't think it is. Not in the way he thinks it is. Revolution happens, and is a fact of history, but that just changes the social order - it's incredibly rare for a civilisation to be wiped out, especially the Western civilisation. Arguably something of that scale hasn't happened since the fall of the Roman Empire. Since then, there have been revolutions, changes, evolutions, disturbances to the social order, new kings, murdered leaders, revolts, people rising up and demanding new rights, but not a "collapse" / "destruction" of Western society.

>>71019288
Interesting. Do you not at least find the music fascinating? I am just listening to it now and sure it doesn't scream out to me as being the best music in the world, but I find it very intriguing. Minimalist but also very visceral and basic and captivating.
>>
>>71019342
>Interesting. Do you like a lot of other black metal as well? Also, do you ever think "hm why am I listening to someone I really disagree with, who I think is a bad person?", or do you just put that to one side and not think about it? Do you never feel any sort of guilt or anything?

I listen to Deathspell Omega even though I'm not a satanist. I listen to Peste Noire even though I'm not a French nationalist. Their musicians that make music that I enjoy not a politician or leader
>>
>>71019204
maybe a couple tracks, and no
>>
>>71019342
>hm why am I listening to someone I really disagree with, who I think is a bad person?",

what are you even fucking doing here?
>>
>>71019391
Let's say there was a band composed of KKK members, but you liked their music, would you listen to them?
>>
>>71019417
This question is a relevant response to you as well: >>71019422
>>
>>71019342
it's ok for you to like burzum, calm down
>>
>>71019342

I do listen to other black metal, I do not find it difficult to separate an artist from their political beliefs.

Hvis Lyset Tar Oss pounds dude
>>
>>71019422
It depends entirely on the genre really. Black metal is fairly easy to just tune out the lyrics and enjoy the music, but if it was something like melodeath or power metal with KKK inspired lyrics I would have a problem assuming the music wasn't astoundingly good to balance it out. Being from alabama myself I would absolutely never actually buy the album though.
>>
>>71019446
But I'm just wondering. I'm not saying you have to be an SJW who boycotts somebody just because they voted for Donald Trump or anything like that

I'm just saying, do you never think "this guy is a convicted murderer AND he is a serious committed racist AND he burned down churches"?

>>71019456
>I do not find it difficult to separate an artist from their political beliefs.
Fair. See what I said above though, do you never think "I'm listening to an abhorrent person"?
>>
>>71019551
>"this guy is a convicted murderer AND he is a serious committed racist AND he burned down churches"?
no unless its in his lyrics i really don't give a fuck. his yt channel is funny tho i disagree with what he stands for. he isn't hurting anybody tbqh. hes fucked off to live off the grid. no issues from me
>>
>>71019514
>Being from alabama myself I would absolutely never actually buy the album though.
I thought the south was more racist, not less so.

>>71019583
Fair enough. And yes I watch his videos, I find them very interesting, and I do sometimes think off-grid living would be awesome - he's got a hot wife and 6 kids, sounds pretty cool. Whether I can find a woman to do that with, I don't know. Obviously his wife was basically a fangirl of his music, so maybe I need to make music. But maybe she was only into him because murdering a guy and burning down churches makes you a mysterious character.
>>
>>71020061
>I thought the south was more racist, not less so.
Literally nobody likes the KKK except the KKK. I have been to one of their stupid town street rallies on MLK day and they are all just HS drop out LARPers pretending to be part of some secret order of justice. It's pretty funny t bh because they have been neutered to yelling at people through megaphones in the street.
>>
I like basically everything up to Belus.(prison albums included)
I can't honestly find myself caring about his political views either way. Pretty sure he just uses his infamy/ties to the original black metal scene (as well as being a meme, especially lately) as a platform to spew shit in an attempt to stay relevant in 2017.
>hey guys I was one of the most influential people in this genre, but please let me keep telling you how stupid it and metal as a whole is
Yeah, I'm sure it's partially because he wants to separate from it, but just do what anyone else would and move the fuck on.
>>
>>71019204
Yes
No, but i like his RPG reviews lol
>>
1. I used to listen to him every once in awhile.
2. Not at all.
>>
>>71019204
yes
somewhat
>>
Yes
No, I think he is deluded
>>
only daudi baldrs and its easily my favorite album but i also like the "circuambulation" track off filosofem, cant stand any of his other music

and no to politixx
>>
>>71019204
>Do you like Burzum
Yes
>Do you agree with Varg's political views
What part of it? His anticonsumerism and wish to organise in smaller homogenous communities are great, but his trust in psuedoscience and defeatism suck
>>
File: heillodinn.jpg (588KB, 2020x1500px) Image search: [Google]
heillodinn.jpg
588KB, 2020x1500px
Yes and yes.
boosh.
>>
File: 1486731379562.jpg (37KB, 629x678px) Image search: [Google]
1486731379562.jpg
37KB, 629x678px
>>71019280
>>
Yes
He's a maniac hoping/preparing for something that will never happen.
>>
1.Sure
2.Well he's my role model so yes but i don't agree with his opinion about veganism
>>
File: 1486704057375.jpg (29KB, 300x557px) Image search: [Google]
1486704057375.jpg
29KB, 300x557px
He's so cute :*
1.Yes
2.Most of
>>
1. Yes
2. Somewhat
>>
File: 1482176732148.png (485KB, 1109x575px) Image search: [Google]
1482176732148.png
485KB, 1109x575px
>>71021166
this

>>71020061
his wife is literally an aspie
>>
>>71019204
I like his dungeon synth. He's a shit human and a great meme.
>>
>>71021568

He used to be such a cutie dude, now he's the white version of MC Ride.
Only prison could take your twinkhood away from you.
>>
Yes pre incarceration
No
Art is the human experience and it would be shallow to expect any human to have the exact same beliefs as you, plus the art made by someone with opposing beliefs can be a lot more interesting just because of how unfamiliar their train of thought might be from yours
>>
yes
no

I have no trouble listening to music made by terrible people

I'm just not going to pay for any of it
>>
>>71019204
yes

QWHAT THE FUUUUCCCCK NO WAY WHY WOUILD I?
>>
>>71022470
>QWHAT THE FUUUUCCCCK NO WAY WHY WOUILD I?

idk maybe beacuse you are wise man ?
>>
yes

no, the songs are about nature and shit and i listen to a lot of similar music by less controversial artists
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.