[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

365 albums project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1471874954832.jpg (232KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1471874954832.jpg
232KB, 768x1024px
The rules are simple:
>listen to 365 "new" albums this year,

>albums that might not be recent but are new to you, OR at least you haven't already listened to them this year so far. is ok if you already know the album but no skipping tracks. that's cheating.

how are you doing so far?

there is time to catch up!

of your favorite artists, have you actually heard all of their albums?

of artists that are routinely talked about, have you ever sat through their albums?

albums from people you know?

what should I listen to next?
>>
>>71017930
those bricks are selling a bootleg
>>
>>71017973
>those bricks
Racist
>>
>>71017930
I did that in 2014. I don't recommend it. You need more time to soak a great album in. I listened to a lot I considered to be very good, but was not able to truly revisit them because the quick pace. I recommend 1-3 new albums a week, so you can fully appreciate and understand the music. I ultimately consider it a waste of my time, since I was unable to do that.

Also, you will end up listening to a lot of dumb, irrelevant shit just trying to pad out the 365.

Just chill out and take it "slow". You will regret it if you don't.
>>
>>71018072
If you do 3/week, you can do one for a new release, one for something you really want to listen to (pure recreation), and one for expanding your knowledge or to challenge you. That's roughly been the model I've followed since the 365 challenge.
>>
>>71017930
If only these were actual lego pieces
>>
>>71018072
is it really that hard if this includes any album you heard in prior years? by that metric I've already listened to 200 albums this year, but most of those were just single check ins on things I've heard a bunch of times over the years.
>>
>>71018108
thats a good plan, I just want to build on that one part you mentioned:
>one for expanding your knowledge or to challenge you.

I think this what that is to me, without having to really really dig through a crate of random shit which gets exhausting:

>1 recommendation from a bandmate
a must. being in a band is like book club.

>1 release that is in 1 of my favorite artists catalog that I haven't actually listened to.

>1 release that is somehow related to my favorite artists but I haven't actually checked out

>1 release from just an artist or album that it seems I'm supposed to know about, but haven't tried yet
which is a real wild card...

>1 release actually created from someone in my network
this is actually the real wild card, if it's a friend of a friend that recorded a whole album they will either become an artist I follow loyally OR I will spend the rest of my life sort of uncontrollably condescending them by never letting conversations pass small talk.
>>
>>71018459
Of course not. But I think we're talking about albums you've never listened to before, and so we need to program some extra time in to digest and then graduate to "enjoyably familiar", which is what you're doing with what you've already several times before. Not arguing with you, just clarifying what I mean.
>>
>>71018459
but did you listen to those albums this year without skipping any tracks?

i think it counts, the last thing you wanna be is another old fogie who listens to the same 10 albums... but if the same albums you listen to is 365 different albums well it's ok
>>
>>71018072
>Also, you will end up listening to a lot of dumb, irrelevant shit just trying to pad out the 365.
having to listen to bad music is the punishment for not doing enough research.
>>
>>71018594
You can't listen to a masterpiece 365 days in a row. And I generally researched albums beforehand to see the overall critical consensus, but sometimes critics are overly nice or the sound's aged poorly, or you liked the band's earlier discography and then it took a nosedive. Sometimes an album just doesn't click with you like it does others. Try listening to 365 albums in a year. You will inevitably end up listening to schlock or stuff that just doesn't end up jiving with you.
>>
idk I've listened to like 100 new albums I haven't heard before this year so far and I still have a ton of time to listen to favorites and revisit my favorites I find.
>>
>>71018672
>Try listening to 365 albums in a year. You will inevitably end up listening to schlock or stuff that just doesn't end up jiving with you.
ok I don't disagree, I just, it comes with the territory, I'm fully willing to endure this kinda stuff. I did 365 in 2016 and I didn't even share the list with anyone because there's some REAL stinkers on the list lol. I just like it, whereas I used to have foggy notions about what artists I do and do not like, I know have a fairly complete picture on discographies etc... you know what I mean? This is actually cool, how many people fake cried when prince and bowie died, and how many have actually heard every album in their discographies
>>
>>71018072
this
almost all i listened to back in around 2009-2010 were new releases.. i could never fully enjoy an album and a lot of it wasn't even good to begin with
>>
>>71018072
>I don't recommend it.
>>71018672
>inevitably end up listening to schlock or stuff that just doesn't end up jiving with you.
>>71018795
>i could never fully enjoy an album and a lot of it wasn't even good to begin with

P H I L I S T I N E
H
I
L

I
S
T
I
N
E
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.