[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NO WAVE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: lydia lunch 1980.jpg (72KB, 495x750px) Image search: [Google]
lydia lunch 1980.jpg
72KB, 495x750px
opinions?
>>
No way.
>>
>>71005946
13.13 is a highly underrated album
>>
it's like noise rock but for people with even less talent
>>
Only good thing to have come out of it is Swans
>>
>>71005994
And actually Godflesh for that matter
>>
>>71005994
Lizzy Mercier Descloux
>>
>>71006004
Godflesh are British, nothing to do with no wave
>>
>>71005946
I really like DNA, their approach to the rock form is what brilliant. The others of the wave - Mars, Theoretical Girl, Branca and Teenage Jesus aren't that interesting to me.
I do like some acts of the Japanese no-wave scene, even if they are hardly no-wave -
stuff like Friction, Gunjogacrayon and Daisuck.
Swans early works is worth for the percussion and I kind of like Sex is Confusion, maybe for The Stooges cover.

For me it's one of the more inspiring movements in term of approach and really an eye opener.

>>71005967
I don't think it's about talent, technique or even music.
>>
>>71006056
It is of similar sound and a contemporary to the big no wave bands of the 80's/90's. Does that not warrant being labeled as no wave?
>>
>>71005994

every band that came out of that scene has been at least interesting.

Teenage Jesus/Lydia Lunch
Mars
DNA/Ambitious Lovers
The Contortions
Theoretical Girls
Glenn Branca
Rhys Chatham
Y Pants
Ut
Material
ESG
Bush Tetras
Liquid Liquid
The Lounge Lizards
Swans
Sonic Youth
>>
>>71006132
No wave refers to the experimental rock scene in New York from the late 70s through to the very early 80s, so named as to distance themselves from the increasingly commercial new wave scene. Godflesh isn't a no wave band, neither is Swans for that matter, despite taking influence from the initial scene
>>
Trash.

>>71005994
This guy's right and I don't even like Swans, at least they were fucking talented.
>>
>>71005946
Imagine the smell...
>>
>>71005950
underrated
>>
>>71005946
no wave is okay, lydia lunch is a talentless cunt tho
>>
>>71005994
Fucking pleb
>>
Lydia is an unsufferable bitch
>>
>>71006164
Rhys Chatham is so under-talked. Nobody mentions him when they talk about no-wave even though factor x is amazing
>>
>>71006476
>>71008528
The point of No Wave is literally to sound like shit because some people enjoy that kind of noise. I personally really enjoy No Wave.

Swans is one of the only acts with talent though, not really No Wave though. Sonic Youths No Wave phase was pretty shit.
>>
>>71005967
It's a bit more than that. If you can't distinguish atonality from noise you should comment on no-wave
>>
>>71008544
That's what she's going for
>>
>>71008578
How is Mars nota talented?
>>
>>71008620
They were all talented, they just weren't all technically proficient with their instruments.

Personally I don't like Mars but they are interesting.
>>
>>71008578
Glenn branca was talented also the sonic youth ep is great. Doesn't have the same atmosphere as most no-wave but that's what makes it great itself
>>
>>71008707
I wouldn't really call Branca No Wave. Like he worked with a lot of them and obviously produced No NY but his music is very structured and some of it is literally orchestrated.
>>
>>71008749
Eno produced no NY not branca
If you don't consider his solo work as no-wave then how about his no-wave band theoretical girls?
>>
essential avant-teen core but a necessary evil in music to keep punk alive
>>
No love for James White and the Blacks? Sad.
>>
yeah yeah yeahs
>>
>>71010736
Scored original NM copy of Off White for 8 bucks, feels good man
>>
>>71008555
It's because he's one of the only people that actually straddle the line of rock and art music/classical/whatever you want to call it

Rock head get bored. Classicists nose up.
>>
>>71006164
i hardly ever see anyone talk about ut here besides me

give me your last.fm
>>
>>71006164
Suicide was even considered No Wave and they were fucking great
>>
>>71005994
>>71006004
>>71006476
t. plebs
>>
>>71006132
No Wave is a scene, not a genre.
>>
punk at its ultimate form
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.