[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So. Which one /moo/? Since I met you or introducing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1602.jpg (139KB, 1216x598px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1602.jpg
139KB, 1216x598px
So. Which one /moo/?
Since I met you or introducing
>>
Endtroducing

Since I Met You is decent, but gets extremely boring. It's good background music, but not much else.
>>
>>71004850
Holy fuck I got meme'd into writing the title wrong.
>Since I Left You
>>
>>71004850
>It's good background music, but not much else.

Honestly was going to come in here and say this about Endtroducing.

SILY is the GOAT dance album.
>>
>>71004850
Literally this. My first couple listens to Since I Left you were some of my favourite listens to any album ever. I imported a Frontier Psychiatrist poster from Australia right fucking quick and put that shit on my wall.

Now it just gets boring and by the time ETOH rears its ugly head I'm ready to fucking die
>>
>>71004902
Shows how much you didn't pay attention to Since I Left You. SILY has so many little fine details
>>
>>71004575
Endtroducing by a mile

SILY is still good tho
>>
John Oswald > Negativland > EriKm > Christian Marclay > Kid Koala > Cassetteboy > Shadow > Dilla = Avalanches
>>
>>71004575
>Endtroducing
>>71005024
>>71005019
>>71004850
Summer Crane is such a beautiful song though.
>>
>>71004850
Ye you got it man
>>
>>71004575
Since I Left You is a visual collage of culture. It's much better than Endtroducing (which is also great but nowhere near as visually stimulating to listen to)
>>
>>71006759
This. Since I left you has so many subtle reinterpretations of same sounds the reoccur throughout the same album (from the bass line, vocal samples, to that horse noise) that it really gives the sense of the mood of the album. I think it has to be a piece taken as a whole not judged by its parts, to sound like a wanker it is a musical journey.
>>
SILY is 2 great singles with great music videos and not much else

Endtroducing is way more compelling throughout
>>
>>71004575

its all a bunch of stolen music sampled shit
>>
Endtroducing is, and has been, one of my top3 for almost 2 decades. I've listened to it more than any other album.
>>
>>71004575
>introducing
>>
>>71006953
>meme
>>
File: 1450883653674.gif (2MB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1450883653674.gif
2MB, 320x320px
>>71006744
>Mention of Kid Koala
>>
Endtroducing and it's not even a contest.
>>
>>71004575
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psUZnApnPEc
>>
SILY is much more dense than Entroducing and for that reason I like it more. Entroducing focuses too much on the drum beat for my liking.
>>
>track 6 - What Does Your Soul Look Like (Part 4)
>track 15 - What Does Your Soul Look Like (Part 1)

what did he mean by this
>>
Endtroducing is basically a trip-hop/ ambient techno album that happens to be made entirely of samples

It also shits all over SILY
>>
Endtroducing

>>71004575
It's always interesting to see this thread pop up because half the time the majority of posters is for Endtroducing and then the other half for SILY.
>>
Endtroducing for sure. Don't get me wrong i also love SILY but it does get insanely repetitive and boring after a while -

would still love to see avalanches live performing some SILY stuff tho, their shows look like a blast
>>
>>71004850
I can't stress out how much I agree with this anon.
>>
Dilla.
But if I had to choose one of the two, Endtroducing would win.
>>
>>71007456
and Since I Left You is a pop/disco dance album made entirely of samples

Grouping or comparing them is retarded
>>
>>71006744
You missed Eno & Byrne.
>>
>>71008203
this is a good point actually

really the only reason anyone compares these albums all the time is because of the way they were constructed, rather than what they sound like

it's like saying "what do you prefer, Master of Reality or Astral Weeks". now you may well have an answer to that, but it doesn't really mean anything
>>
>>71004575
Has anyone ever rapped over any of the tracks from Endtroducing, or mashed it up with existing rappers?

Midnight in a Perfect World and WDYSLL Part 1 are just begging for this, those beats are too perfect
>>
>>71006744
>no Solex
>>
>>71004575
>introducing
>>71004850
>Since I Met You
>>
>>71008398
>>71010970
I didn't know they did plunderphonics?
>>
Since I Left You
>>
>>71006744
>John Oswald
>literal babbys first turntable with juggle effect
kek
>>
>>71004575
Endtroducing has great grooves, but I'd rather have SILY's denseness.
>>
>>71004575
Endroducing....
>>
Endtroducing is way better, but I still love SILY.

Coworker tried to tell me Pogo was far superior to The Avlanches. I wanted to kiss his wrong face so badly but he did introduce me to Black Moth Super Rainbow before which counts for something I guess.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.