[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't undestand Massive Attack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Blue-Lines-Massive-Attack.jpg (382KB, 1417x1417px) Image search: [Google]
Blue-Lines-Massive-Attack.jpg
382KB, 1417x1417px
I don't. Help me, how can it b a major influence to so many artists ?? I'm not hating it, i'm not saying it's a bad band, I just DONT undertsand what's so extraordinary about them ... So enlight me
>>
>>70985795
Trip hop was a very 90s thing, you had to be there in England to truly appreciate it but the important part is its one of the major Jamaican immigrant influenced artists that led into the hardcore continuum as they basically started as a Jamaican sound system group.
>>
>>70985795
They were the first ones to do the mellow hip hop/downtempo thing.
>>
>>70985898
Bristol was a melting pot of DJs, grafitti artists and Jamaican immigration, the culmination of all this and the 90s ethos really kickstarted trip hop and alternative hip hop labels like Mo Wax and Ninja Tune plus Drum & Bass and jungle which led to all things breaks and then garage
>>
They where a formative group in a popular genre which coalesced in the 90s. They where commerically succesful too. I think most of their output is fairly average, but they have a few tracks which where among the best of the 90s. Unfinished Symphony is surely one of the standout singles of the decade.
>>
>>70985898
>>70985911
>>70985918
>>70985925

OP Here

So, this is just a pioneer thing ?
>>
>>70985947
Largely, I personally adore their first 3 albums too
>>
I like some of their early stuff, especially the good tracks from Mezzanine.

I definitely like Becoming X and Homogenic a lot more tho.
>>
>>70985795
Still OP :

I also prefer Mezzanine, find it more """"experimental""""
>>
>>70985978
Why dos this board think experimental != better?
>>
>>70985947
No, their albums were played at many a party, chill out room, headphone sessions in bed, the 90s was a chill time.
>>
>>70985918
>Mo Wax and Ninja Tune

RIP Mo Wax, such an amazing label, shame Ninja Tune went to shit
>>
>>70985993
OP:
No no, i'm not saying that, the thing is, because they are pioneer, their early LP seems a bit classical, down to earth, cuz they've inspired people who've took the thing further. Mezzanine sounds more unique to me because of the experimental factor, but that's just me and my poorly trained ear that fail to catch the quintessence of their first LP
>>
File: folder.jpg (450KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
450KB, 1000x1000px
>>70986030
With MA you should be looking at their roots for getting the essence of their style and this is it; that 90s Brit sound with Jamaican influence
>>
>>70986030
Keep listening to it, it grows on you like cali weed...
>>
>>70986030
This. I started with Mezzanine, then listened to Blue Lines and was disapointed. It just feels bland. I may have to gave it a few more listens though.
OP, give Mezzanine a try
>>
>>70986076
Will check that out, thx for the advice man
>>70986080
Oh I will, want to dig it until I've undestood
>>
>>70986087
>OP, give Mezzanine a try
I did, it's by far my favorite like I said
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.