[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Twenty One Pilots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 21pilots.jpg (239KB, 799x533px) Image search: [Google]
21pilots.jpg
239KB, 799x533px
I'm listening to this band and I kinda like them

Although I feel like their main fanbase is probably teenage girls

Does anybody else know this sort of conflicted feel over a band? And what do you think of this band specifically?
>>
The newest batch of younger musicians grew up with a wide swath of music so they have more influences to pick from. But it turns out when you try to blend genres that much they all just sort of drown each other out and comes out really uninspired.

I prefer 311
>>
>>70975956
Having taste makes it easy to rule objective trash like Twenty One Pilots out.
You should try it sometime.
>>
idk, i think not giving artists a chance because of who they're marketed to or might be enforces that kind of thing just as much

what i hate about blurryface is just that his vocals sound like they were recorded on a really cheap microphone or a cellphone, they sound distorted and hissy

>>70976089
having taste gets you absolutely nowhere in life my guy
>>
File: euphoric.jpg (29KB, 474x535px) Image search: [Google]
euphoric.jpg
29KB, 474x535px
>>70976061
I disagree, I think it's catchy and innovative which is why I'm listening to it

>>70976089
>Fedora: The Post

>>70976129
>idk, i think not giving artists a chance because of who they're marketed to or might be enforces that kind of thing just as much
True. And I think they're pretty good. Good beats and shit. Catchy hooks.

>what i hate about blurryface is just that his vocals sound like they were recorded on a really cheap microphone or a cellphone, they sound distorted and hissy
You mean the album?
I'm listening to Stressed Out (and others) on youtube and the vocals sound fine IMO
>>
>>70976061
INVESTIGATE 311
>>
>>70975956
They're great. Don't let music snobs change your mind. Listen to what you want.

I'm male so i'm not some fangirl. I haven't even listened to them properly. Only heard Stressed out, heathens, ride, and a couple of other songs. As a musician myself, I see them as talented. And if you also take a look at their album credits you will see that the singer wrote and composed all of the songs. Stressed Out and Heathens are great songs.

I feel the same way about bands like Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance. It's just music at the end of the day. But music snobs like people on this board don't get that. They don't understand that a My Chemical romance song could easily be an iron maiden song. Listen to 'Famous Last Words' or 'The Black Parade' and try imagine Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden singing them whilst running around the stage.
>>
>>70976089
Oh yeah by the way the pic in this - >>70976341 - is directed at you, of course.
>>
I feel that way about Cage The Elephant knowing all the snobbish high schoolers that listen to them think they're "cool" and "unique" when it comes to music.

At the end of the day music is music. Even great metal bands have shitty metal-core faggots that wank to the as much as TOP fan girls do.
>>
>>70976447
>Only heard Stressed out, heathens, ride, and a couple of other songs. As a musician myself, I see them as talented.
Well they're innovative and good songwriters. I wonder how much of the production they do (or whether the producers they get in do it), because it's good in my opinion

>I feel the same way about bands like Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance.
Yeah true, I fucking love FOB and have done since I was like 14 (I'm 25 now). I still play their stuff on guitar all the time. It's just feel good shit 2bh.

>They don't understand that a My Chemical romance song could easily be an iron maiden song. Listen to 'Famous Last Words' or 'The Black Parade' and try imagine Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden singing them whilst running around the stage.
Yeah could be to be honest. And yes you're right it is snobbery and it annoys me - I always try and post about bands I like on this board (Metallica, QOTSA, other stuff) and people are too """""""""cool""""""""" to admit they like it

Then again the whole of 4chan is contrarian, every single board

I guess they gotta derive a sense of self-worth from somewhere.
>>
>>70976669
True. I guess just listen to what you want and h8ers be damned

It's a shame /mu/ is usually not very welcoming to this attitude though
>>
>>70976718
>people are too """""""""cool""""""""" to admit they like it
Or maybe people don't like what you like? People criticizing music taste is one thing, but thinking that others are just being contrarian when they don't like your music seems as though you are being somewhat ignorant yourself. I personally am not really a fan of twenty one pilots, I think they're boring.
I don't know why I'm writing this in a 21p thread, /mu/ will just bomb the thread and assume the whole thing is bait anyways.
>>
Main fanbase doesn't matter. My biggest problem is their lyrics are pretty pretentious sometimes ("Am I too deep please stop thinking")

But overall they're a great band (21 Male for reference)
>>
>>70975956
They're catchy and compared to some radio fare interesting. This said they're not something special, just a decent pop/rap/rock act with "sad" lyrics.
They're also secretly a christian rock band btw.
>>
>>70977837
>thinking that others are just being contrarian when they don't like your music seems as though you are being somewhat ignorant yourself.
No I'm not ignorant. I'm intelligent enough to be able to recognise when people are only listening to something to try and be cool. Most people are that intelligent. It's very easy to spot somebody who is only listening to a band for some sort of social cred.

>I personally am not really a fan of twenty one pilots, I think they're boring.
Fair enough I'm not saying everybody has to like them. Obviously people have different tastes but you do get some people who are just so fucking pretentious and obviously just jerk off to the idea that they're so superior with their music taste.

I guess I wouldn't be so annoyed at such people if they didn't seem to be so annoyed with me when I say I listen to Fall Out Boy or something like that.

>I don't know why I'm writing this in a 21p thread, /mu/ will just bomb the thread and assume the whole thing is bait anyways.
Well I thought people would but looks like some people have given good responses here.

I do think /mu/ is definitely a mixed bag. The real pretentious people are usually confined to 3x3 / 5x5 threads - whenever I post my tastes there everyone starts saying "lol what a pleb" - but if I start a thread about one of these bands, then I usually get people who are genuinely interested, which is good.

>>70978219
Yup I read that they're Christian.

>They're catchy and compared to some radio fare interesting.
Yup. I'd definitely rather listen to these guys than Beyonce or other radio stuff like that.
>>
>>70975956
>Terrible lyrics
>Super Generic
Nothing new, move on.
>>
>>70975956
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>70978633
I don't think the music is generic

Yeah the lyrics are a bit wank I guess

>>70978817
Not b8 m8
>>
It's music for 13 year old girls. It's just not good at all. Many of their songs are lyrics focused, and their lyrics are consistently cringe worthy and terrible.
>>
>>70975956
their lyrics are a killer for me. i cant stand them.
but their music is alright.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.