[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Their true magnum opus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: SweetTripYouWillNeverKnowWhy.jpg (7KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
SweetTripYouWillNeverKnowWhy.jpg
7KB, 220x220px
>>
>>70972912
Nice pick.
>>
only plebs who cant into glitch think this
>>
>>70972912
I wouldn't say that, but Milk is their best song
>>
>>70973864
For me, it's Darkness. The perfect pop song.
>>
>>70972912
>generic indie pop

just listen to death cab for cutie. leave glitch to the grown ups
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 900x900px
>>
>>70974389

Conversation of Two, Air Supply, Darkness and To The Moon are all 10/10, such a great album. Vel, Design Comfort is a close second
>>
honestly v:d:c is more complex sonically but somehow they managed to make an extremely catchy and dense poppy shoegaze album while still keeping it to the basic synths and guitars

>mfw i will never hear another sweet trip project ever :(
>feelsbadman.jpg
>>
>>70975570
have you actually dug through their soundclouds
>>
>>70975570

yeah v:d:c is probably superior overall but i like this a lot cause its so chill and catchy
>>
Your World is Eternally Complete is their best song and honestly among the best songs of all time
>>
>>70972912
nice taste OP, I love this too, it's like an MGMT album done right

dat catchiness and the occasional odd times
>>
>>70975641
Not him but did they ever do anything after Sweet Trip? I've only listened to their short discography a couple times or so but the idea of people so talented becoming disgruntled and giving up to go work an office job is so sad to me. I'm aware that happens all the time but for some reason it's even more poignant with Sweep Trip.
>>
>>70978575
they have some songs not on any of their albums, that are on label compilations. check this out, it's one of their best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXec6yYEX1k
>>
File: ss+(2017-02-13+at+12.29.06).jpg (80KB, 571x456px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-02-13+at+12.29.06).jpg
80KB, 571x456px
>>70978575
yeah its kinda sad
i follow roby on twitter, he was DJing at some event today
check this list out for mosly old unreleased material. i think Things to ponder while falling was the last thing they did
>>
https://youtu.be/NRFTSh56gEE

My newest magnum opus....
>>
>>70973455
lmao sweet trip is the definition of glitch for plebs
>>
https://youtu.be/Ra26qAXkrxI

My Magnum Spoof Opus
>>
>>70979089
sweet trip isnt glitch tho. vdc had some glitch elements but that's it
>>
>>70978660
Wow that's really good. I just listened to that an Things to Ponder While Falling and I enjoyed them both but they made me more sad. I'm used to other bands disappearing for a long time (MBV, The Avalanches) but those bands all got their time in the sun. Sweet Trip quit before they even got started.

>>70978945
Here's hoping they get back together eventually, though I probably doubt they ever will. Things to Ponder While Falling got a pretty decent reaction (15k+ plays) plus recognition for Sweet Trip has grown over the years, though they're not on many peoples' radar at all. Great music but the story behind it is kind of melancholic.
>>
>>70974422
>not twin fantasy
why
>>
>>70979318
>the story behind it is kind of melancholic.
do we really know much about that though?
>>
>>70974422
Why do people seem to prefer this over Teens of Denial/ Style? Both to me are leagues ahead of HTLT (though it's still a great album). But Teens of.. are two of my top albums of all time.
>>
>>70979624
I guess not. I don't know the reason why they stopped (though it's pretty easy to guess) but either way it's kind of a bummer. Don't you find it sad?
>>
>>70979089
Glitch recs?
>>
File: fleetwood-mac-rumous.jpg (344KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
fleetwood-mac-rumous.jpg
344KB, 1000x1000px
>>
File: 1eb7479d.jpg (67KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1eb7479d.jpg
67KB, 600x600px
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.