[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, what's so great about this shitty band again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: b5c3d177.jpg (65KB, 648x324px) Image search: [Google]
b5c3d177.jpg
65KB, 648x324px
So, what's so great about this shitty band again?
>>
My favorite thing about them is their sampling method and ingenuity.

The way they sampled Being Sucked In Again and West End Girls is just fucking amazing to me.
>>
>>70965625
That they make fags mad enough to post threads about them
>>
>>70965625

Nothing- they suck so unbelievably bad.
>>
>>70965625
I like some of the beats, the lyrics, Ride's voice and really just the energy behind it. Gets me really pumped up.
>>
>>70965625
Well you see
People outside /mu/ like them but because of this fact, people IN /mu/ hate them. It's very simple and it's why they get so many threads.
>>
>>70965625

Its "edgy" for plebs...
>>
It's a Zach Hill vehicle.
That should be enough.
>>
>>70965652
This too

http://www.whosampled.com/sample/244607/Death-Grips-Feels-Like-a-Wheel-Unwound-We-Invent-You/
>>
best aggression music that isnt unironically edgy
>>
legit i believe if you dont think this is one of the best musical acts of the 20th century youre completely asleep and your assumptions on what qualifies music being special or important are deluded by memes, genre tagging, and subsurface pondering
>>
>>70965807
yes
>>
>>70965807
What's so fucking revolutionary about them? This shitty band is nothing but breakcore-like tempos, a black dude screaming nonsense and a dude behind a laptop composing pseudo-complex music, probably with a pirated daw.

People on /mu/ only pretend to like them in order to seem "smart" and """patrician""", so they can make fun of "hurrrr le normies reeee xD".
>>
>>70966041
/mu/ hates death grips and normies like them
>>
>>70966041
Sounds pretty revolutionary to me t b h
>>
>>70966041
Besides BTFOing yourself in your own post, you have the articulation levels of a 6th grader. Never post on my board again.
>>
>>70966041
You are missing the best part

>and it sounds good
>>
>>70966041
>my feet hurt
>this music sucks its only fake complex I could do better
>normies reee
>I wish I was at home listening to real music
>>
>>70965625
Nothing. They are a cancer of the music industry.
>>
>>70965740
>it's buzzword for buzzword
>>
>>70966041
>black dude screaming nonsense
His lyrics have a lot of subtext to them.
>dude behind a laptop composing pseudo-complex music
I've never seen anybody express interest in what Andy is doing because he makes "complex music." I like what he does because he uses very interesting timbres, samples, and dense sounds. From a theory standpoint I have no idea if it is complex. I enjoy the textures and energy their synthesizers and samples convey.
>pirated daw
lol so?
>People on /mu/ only pretend to like them in order to seem "smart" and """patrician""", so they can make fun of "hurrrr le normies reeee xD".
Oh I see, you're more interested in image than music itself, rofl
>>
>>70966239
>Oh I see, you're more interested in image than music itself, rofl
complete BTFOing of most faggots on /mu/
>>
File: dg9.png (673KB, 1097x614px) Image search: [Google]
dg9.png
673KB, 1097x614px
They're okay.
>>
>>70966076
>>70966096
>>70966322
>>>70966239
>Oh I see, you're more interested in image than music itself, rofl
And yet people who listen to Death Grips regard them as avant-garde classical composers.
>>
its basicallly for normies who want to feel hard core
>>
>>70966638
Literally no one says this
>>
>>70966747
No one explicitly says that, sure, but that's the general attitude towards them on this board
>>
>>70966638
>And yet people who listen to Death Grips regard them as avant-garde classical composers.
And yet again you are talking about image. Just kys, friend.
>>
Can I not just enjoy how the music sounds lol
>>
>>70967000
No, you must take part in an inevitable dick measuring contest.
>>
>>70965802
literally the entire speedcore genre
>>
>>70967559
i said not unironic
>>
>>70965625

This "band" sucks very large and smelly donkey balls...and they suck so very badly that the donkey doesnt even enjoy it.

Anyone who thinks they are any good is a fucking idiot. thats means (you)
>>
You need to be underage to truly understand Death Grips
>>
>>70966041
youre entire reply encapsulates the faults of people negating their music. per everything i said about memes genre tagging and subsurface pondering
>>
>>70965807
>20th century
>>
>>70965625
A big part of it is all the buttmad threads people start about them.
>>
>>70966041
Did you watch any of their performances? As soon as I did, I got it.
>>
File: IMG_9990.jpg (134KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9990.jpg
134KB, 500x500px
>>70965740
What is real Edgy??
>>
>>70967956
I feel that passenger of shit fully knows what he's doing nowadays
>>
>>70966041
>People on /mu/ only pretend to like them in order to seem "smart" and """patrician""", so they can make fun of "hurrrr le normies reeee xD".
that's where you're wrong
you just aren't listening to the right tracks to get into them.
start listening to eh, lord of the game, get got and the fever.
give each of these a couple listens
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.