[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, new QOTSA soon... Anybody else excited?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: IMG951241.jpg (28KB, 388x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG951241.jpg
28KB, 388x480px
So, new QOTSA soon... Anybody else excited?
>>
Let's see. So far they've had zero good albums. My state of the art pattern recognition software tells me to expect another flop.
>>
nah fuck em
>>
When is Josh Homme finally going to kill himself?
>>
>>70955830
2013 lp was the worst so far and homme has only gone up his own ass even more since then
>>
Got a weird thing with QotSA. Their studio stuff mostly sounds bland and shit, but live they sound amazing and I love it.

It's like they underproduce and soften their records too much.
>>
QOTSA has been shit since 2002, RIP

casual, routine, kind-of-artsy-but-not-even-quite-that radio rock made by middle-aged men

utterly incapable of shit like this anymore
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvydcSNRSwM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tE3p-LGQrs
>>
>>70956737
weird, almost like they're a corporate rock band whose output is pushed through a series of lowest common denominator filters or something
>>
>>70956748
Them Crooked Vultures was a rare return to form though.
>>
>>70956785
are you kidding that was shitty buttrock even beyond that of current era qotsa
>>
>>70956748
QOTSA has always been shit.
Disbanding Kyuss was a mistake.
>>
>>70956770
>>70956815
You have terrible opinions

Also the corporate influence is nonsense, they've never sold well until their last release. Even SftD sounds shite compared to live performances.
>>
>>70956827
disbanding kyuss was exactly the right thing to do, they were starting to rehash themselves

also since josh's narcissism got rid of brant bjork, they no longer had enough songwriting capacity to sustain themselves
>>
File: IMG_8242.jpg (42KB, 388x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8242.jpg
42KB, 388x480px
>>70955830
>>
I've liked all their records so far, so yes, I'm very excited for the next one.
>>
What the fuck is up with this thread? 90% of /mu/ loves like clockwork and agree it's one of their best albums. But look at this thread it's filled with contrarian fuckwits claiming that it sucked.
>>
>>70957173
of course other opinions are going to seem contrarian when you're fresh off the boat from from reddit, kiddo
>>
File: QotSA.jpg (78KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
QotSA.jpg
78KB, 1920x1080px
Rated R > SFTD > LC > ST > EV > LtP
>>
>>70956855
>they've never sold well until their last release
>LP1: certified silver in UK
>LP2: certified gold in UK and AUS
>LP3: certified gold in US, certified platinum in AUS, CAN, UK, NOR
>LP4: certified gold in AUS, UK, CAN
>LP5: certified gold in CAN and UK
>LP6: certified gold in CAN, UK, AUS

ok
>>
File: folder.jpg (625KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
625KB, 1000x1000px
>>70955830
We'll see. Like clockwork had some great tracks but also some shit ones, which makes it really frustrating to listen to.

>>70956737
But their live album is by far their worst anon. Whoever does their lead guitar is a terrible improviser.
>>
>>70955830
My hopes for it are very low. Josh is starting to out Grohl, Dave Grohl.
>>
>>70958676
the live album is shit, and in general they tend to choose horrible performances whenever they put live recordings on albums. they have good stuff on youtube though
>>
>>70955830
Like Clockwork was easily the 2013 AOTY and a great comeback album

I'm very excited for the next one
>>
Why can't Julian get with a band that sticks?
>>
>>70958676
>Whoever does their lead guitar is a terrible improviser.
that would be josh
>>
>>70955830
Eric Nally cameo?
>>
>Monster Magnet
>Foxy Shazam

my underrated af list
>>
File: JHo.jpg (104KB, 770x1159px) Image search: [Google]
JHo.jpg
104KB, 770x1159px
QOTSA is one of my favorite bands, can't wait to hear their new stuff. Whatever project Josh Homme is involved ends up being brilliant, except maybe Post Pop Depression.
>>
>>70955830
Qotsa haven't released an album worth being excited about since Songs for the Deaf.
>>
I could go for another Them Crooked Vultures joint.
>>
>>70961153
I enjoy all of their albums, it's a shame that you don't enjoy their most recent works, but that's a matter of opinion I guess.
>>
>>70956748
>I mess Neck
>>
Is this josh?
>>
God I hate this fucking band so much.
>>
>>70961450
Would love a ticket to punch your face in, faggot.
>>
>>70961465
Not to say you aren't a rock god.

But me kicking your ass on Dessert Arizona plain..
>>
>>70957173
>90% of /mu/ loves like clockwork

do you need any more proof that it's a terrible album
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.