[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Sleigh Bells?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

Thoughts on Sleigh Bells?
>>
pure trash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD2gG0NJi-s
>>
Sound-war exploiting buzzband.

Did nothing of significant note. Treats / Reign of Terror were both equally fleetingly interesting for the month or so after they were released.
>>
>>70948734
Jesus Christ that is absolute fucking trash.
>>
File: 1371791447193.png (38KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1371791447193.png
38KB, 250x250px
>Treats: 9/10
>Reign of Terror: 8/10
>Bitter Rivals: 5.5/10
>Jessica Rabbit: 5.5/10

Basically, lightning in a bottle, and based on the interviews I've read, Derek was in a bad place in his life at the time and that's the only reason we got Treats (and to a lesser degree Reign of Terror) and we likely won't get anything like it again. And that's exactly why Sleigh Bells hasn't been good since Reign of Terror. Their first album especially, but also their second, played to their strengths; their last two they are trying to do way more than they are capable of, but also not coming up with anything different enough at the same time, so it ends up sounding like a cheap ripoff of what made them so amazing.

They are fun live though (seen them twice), and I feel a special connection with Alexis because I grew up with her without even knowing it.
>>
More like gay bells
>>
>>70948734
>>70948783
That song is trash but it's not like it was an official release.

Treats is one of the greatest albums of the '10s, you literally cannot prove me wrong.
>>
>>70948644
too bad she didn't get hit by a train
>>
>>70948815
but this was on their last album and it's just as trash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZAJeYzrtUY

also Treats is crunkcore for Urban Outfitters and your taste is trash
>>
>>70948815
>Treats is one of the greatest albums of the '10s
Why? What make it so special that it deserves such recognition?

It's a repeated formula used over and over and over in loudness wars, nearly every song doesn't dare deviate from it's predecessor.
>>
>>70948815
lol no
>>
>>70948942
I've noticed people who don't like Treats, tend to really, really hate it, and seem like really unhappy, grouchy people. I guess the sound of the album isn't miserable enough for them, it sounds too cheery, and that bothers them.

Ironically the music is actually kind of dark and was created by someone who was in a very dark place
>>
>>70948942
>>70949014
>>70949037
Son, let me give you a little tip and life lesson. I don't mean to embarrass you; it's nothing personal. We all learn it eventually, although you're learning it a little later than most. But here it is: generally speaking, when someone annihilates you in an argument, and you have absolutely no valid counterargument and can't prove them wrong, it is highly advisable that instead of opening your mouth and confirming to everyone that you are extremely frustrated by that fact, you keep your mouth shut and accept defeat with grace like an adult. Everyone will still suspect that deep down you're seething, and that your blood is boiling, but at least you yourself won't be confirming it to the world - an embarrassing situation for all. You seem like an otherwise decent young man, so I truly hope this helps you going forward in your life. Best of luck.
>>
>>70949039
>Ironically the music is actually kind of dark and was created by someone who was in a very dark place
no its not
this is dark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hirADPT5bx4
>>
>>70949014
>It's a repeated formula used over and over
The album is 30 minutes. And each song sounded different. Their "formula" was no more repeated than a rock band "repeats" its "formula" by using guitars in every song. Get over yourself.

>in loudness wars
Treats literally turned the loudness wars into an art form that will never be topped.

>nearly every song doesn't dare deviate from it's predecessor.
Confirmed for being an old man and the music was too damn loud and overloaded your hearing aid, or not actually having listened to the album.
>>
>>70949014
>Why? What make it so special that it deserves such recognition?
It's just fucking fun as hell, while also sounding really good.

>awesome, loud, in your face instrumentals
>dichotomized by the singer's soft, cutesy, almost robotically-delivered but very pleasing vocals
>cutesy lyrics
>lots of cool vocal delivery styles
>actually used the "loudness wars" to their advantage and turned it into an art, instead of for "hurr durr gotta be loud" purposes
>very unique sound
>perfect length
>fresh
>fun as fuck

If you don't like this album there's something wrong with you to be honest
>>
File: 1484890184471.jpg (6KB, 109x140px) Image search: [Google]
1484890184471.jpg
6KB, 109x140px
>>70949298
>If you don't like this album there's something wrong with you to be honest
Say whatever you want about their later albums. Treats is a masterful work.
>>
>>70949164
>The album is 30 minutes. And each song sounded different.
No they don't, they all repeat the same layered glossed over riffing with Krauss's shrieking 'come get me' vocals over the top, it's a total bore.

>Treats literally turned the loudness wars into an art form that will never be topped.
Winning the Special Olympics.

>Confirmed for being an old man and the music was too damn loud and overloaded your hearing aid, or not actually having listened to the album.
Poor use of ad hominem. It's fucking trash, it will have no musical legacy whatsoever, if that's your standard of judging musical merit then you deserve to waste in away in the plebeian desert.
>>
File: Poochie.jpg (19KB, 522x381px) Image search: [Google]
Poochie.jpg
19KB, 522x381px
>>70949298
>awesome, loud, in your face instrumentals
>soft, cutesy, almost robotically-delivered but very pleasing vocals
>cool vocal delivery styles
>fresh
>fun as fuck
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.