[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rap Has The Best Lyricists

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (226KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
226KB, 650x650px
See thread title
>>
File: uglyassnigga.png (985KB, 1409x981px) Image search: [Google]
uglyassnigga.png
985KB, 1409x981px
pic related
>>
>>70933959

cringe
>>
>>70933953
>Say goodbye to the young kids who not smart
>Say goodbye to the toasters and Pop-Tarts
>>
>>70935271
heh...maybe when your older you'll understand hopsin
>>
>>70933953
I'd argue that you'd have to look to guitar music for the top tier of the top tier of writers (see: Bob Dylan), but your run of the mill "good" rapper is a way better writer than your run of the mill "good" rock or metal or electronic lyricist.
>>
>>70935307
I don't understand why people hold Nas in such high regard. His songs aren't fun or catchy. No one knows his lyrics or what he's talking about. You can barely understand what he's saying. His only saving grace are his producers.
>>
No other genre has the rhythm, internal rhyming, and wordplay of rap. Other music can only hope to equal its storytelling at most, but rap is still typically more dense with its pace.
>>
>>70935681
pretty much this
people can complain about not liking hip hop lyrics all they want, but there's an incredible amount of wordplay that's absent in even the more acclaimed song writers lyrics
>>
>>70935487
His lyrics are perfectly audible, they're usually just mediocre or terrible. I Am and Nastradamus are perfect examples
>>
>>70935387
This, I cringed when I found out that Depeche Mode was considered good lyrics
>>
In terms of technical lyricism(metaphors, entendres, general wordplay), I'd agree.
>>
>>70935487
because illmatic had a sick flow, and apparently his lyrics struck close to home for a lot of inner city youth, idk
>>
File: IMG_4261.jpg (67KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4261.jpg
67KB, 600x600px
Kate Tempest
>>
>>70935487
>His songs aren't fun or catchy

They aren't meant to be.

>>70935788
>they're usually just mediocre or terrible
lol wut, he's one of the best writers in the entire history of rap
>>
>>70933959
D I D
>>
>>70935681
>storytelling

Nailed it. Rap is inherently conversational.
>>
>>70935487
what in the fuck
>>
>>70937986
THE MAN
H
E

M
A
N
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKEg9K0-3Q4

Underground in particular has some masterful rappers that you just have to respect regardless of your opinion of the genre.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.