[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else listen to crust or do i just have horrible taste

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

>>
>>70927309
fugg didnt realized i had typed in the wrong section
>>
I like powerviolence which is kinda the same judging from that pic. Better taste than most of /mu/!
>>
>>70927444

what bands you into?
>>
i really like crust, but then again i used to be really into punk when i was a teen.

i think most people who care about punk listen to crust punk at some point, either because they're bored with how tame a lot of it sounds now or because one of their really punk friends likes crust punk.

the internet has changed that dynamic a bit, but i honestly think it still holds true. like, sure there are people now who will listen to make fun of it or to go "oh god, it's awful", but those people can't be more than 20% of the people who get into crust.
>>
What are some crust bands with the least metal influence? There seems to be a lot of crossover but I just want the most extreme punk without shit like metal riffs.
>>
>>70927516

good point honestly, i used to be big into shit like black flag and Dead Kennedys and stuff like that (which i still am to some degree) but once i got a taste of anarcho punk and crust it gave me an "its old and generic"-ish feel
>>
>>70927572

In my honest opinion, amebix really strays from metal, as does bands like The Mob (which is more anarcho punk but people call it crust) and Flux of pink indians
>>
>>70927454
magrudergrind
hellnation
extortion
iron lung
weekend nachos
I like trap them if they count as crust.
>>
>>70927720

ive never actually taken the time to sit down and listen to weekend nachos, are they worth checking out? id assume so
>>
>>70927756
i would say so. i like everything starting from worthless. not a fan of pv vocals where the vocalist sounds like theyre straining themselves from taking a shit lmao.
>>
>>70927720
Check out Deep Shit too
>>
>>70927572
I mean crust and metal grew up together so you're going to be hard pressed to find any that didn't take from that symbiotic relationship. It's just part of the genre.
>>
i don't really listen to a lot of hardcore/metal right now but i was big into Black Breath and the various Southern Lord crust metal bands a while ago.

honestly don't even really know what real crust is. i think it's supposed to be hardcore + motorhead riffs + ripping out your vocal chords?
>>
>>70927952

You're basically describing inepsy

All jokes aside i love inepsy
>>
>>70927756
jock powerviolence, take it with a grain of salt
>>
doesn't everyone like crust now since nails got memed last year
>>
>>70928009

(OP) just listened to weekend nachos for the first time and i cant say im a huge fan of it
>>
>>70928029
depending who you ask crust and esp. neocrust has been trendy forever
>>
Pushing the definition of powerviolence here but I love Orchid
>>
>>70928050
>listening to the song with the nigga from fall out boy
listen to this and report back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIho8UFtLzY
>>
>>70927892
They're alright
>>
DEEP WOUND
SIEGE
BORN AGAINST
DROPDEAD
>>
>>
File: 1486764412842.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1486764412842.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
>>70928794
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
22KB, 480x360px
This EP is 7 minutes crusty goodness.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.