[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is in the wrong here? :^)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: strawman.jpg (117KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
strawman.jpg
117KB, 960x960px
Who is in the wrong here? :^)
>>
>once the intent is established
oh what a silly meme!
>>
why can't people understand that being objective is not about being good or bad, because those words have no fixed meaning
oh but people who discuss this kind of thing are always so one-dimensional that they will never understand art...
>>
>>70926166
the bug is stating what the cyclops said in a more eloquent manner. the ideas aren't opposed to each other. why is this a thread?
>>
>>70926166
These humanoids don't look very healthy
>>
>rating music
We're all in agreement this is the least patrician thing in the world to do
>>
>>70926245
>oh but people who discuss this kind of thing are always so one-dimensional that they will never understand art...
Ya summed up /mu/, well done
but yeah i know what you mean, good and bad are only really in comparison in honesty
>>
>>70926245
>this album is objectively the best in the genre, you're shit for not liking it, and basically, you should kill yourself so my like remains unchallenged
>that album is objectively the worst in the genre, you're shit for liking it, and basically, you should kill yourself so my dislike remains unchallenged

Gee I wonder why nobody likes the "objective" crowd. Objectively, we're just piles of orifices and guts that process dead matter into fertilizer and react to physical stimuli, and yet we still think of ourselves and our worldspaces subjectively, so music as well must be something treated subjectively, as we use our consciousness to determine likeability, regardless of how objective our criteria are.
>>
>>70927387
>the bug is stating what the cyclops said in a more eloquent manner. the ideas aren't opposed to each other. why is this a thread?
Did you read?
>>
>subjective establishment
How do you define this?
>>
Objectivity in music is most likely there and certainly exists in quality of instruments, quality in recording method, quality of singing ability, ability to stay in tempo, in tune, etc.
However, an objectively bad piece of music doesn't necessarily make it bad. Lo-fi music may fail every single one of these criteria but in context with the rest of the "badness" it sounds good. Perfectly fine music if it's your cup of tea.
Extreme examples aside, humans are far too flawed to think of music completely objectively so we use objective facts about the music (singer is out of tune here, the catchiness of the melody over there, etc) to influence our subjective opinion of the music. Liking "bad" music doesn't make you a bad person.

>Once the subjective intent of a work is established, it is possible to judge a work objectively.
Yeah I guess. I really haven't thought about it much though I tentatively prefer to divorce the author's intent from the work itself.
>>
>>70927430
but it's so fun
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.