[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PAINFULLY OBVIOUS UNBELONGING

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

>hate reddit's absolute plebness "DAE LIKE 1D" bullshit

>hate /mu/'s "the only real music is mumbling over lazy acoustic strumming that p4k reviews" bullshit

>hate last.fm's/RYM's/Pandora's/Youtube's/Spotify's complete ineptidute at recommending me anything

I just wanna find music that clicks with me. I don't care about what other people like, I don't care if it's popular or not, I just wanna find the music that makes me happy, no matter what it is.

Where do I go to find music that is fresh and new, but also just like the music I already enjoy?
>>
>>70914634
What? /mu/ hates p4k to the point of almost just being outright contrarian, you must be new here. Lurk some more, I know that's a meme response but you'll be able to find loads of new stuff here if you can sift through the /pol/, memes, and downright autism that's just inherent to 4chan unfortunately.
>>
>>70914634
gnoosic.com
>>
File: 1486153055518.png (145KB, 277x324px) Image search: [Google]
1486153055518.png
145KB, 277x324px
>>70914865
I've been here since 2012, it's been nothing but American Football, Beach Fossils, Radioheadband Real Estate for years. There's the occasional John Coltrane, Kanye, MF Doom and Death Grips, and a K-Pop thread I never enter, but that's really been about 95% of the threads here for the last 4 years. It's mostly all so dreary, and I have tried to love it but for the most part I just can't. I'm not saying music has to be happy, or even that I necessarily want happy music (Akira Yamaoka's Betrayal is something I can put on repeat for days), I just feel nothing for 90% of the music discussed here, and I have tried for four years to do so.

>>70914906
Thanks familia
>>
>>70915055
>Radioheadband
Firstly, damn you autocorrect

Secondly, thank you so much autocorrect, wtf I love Radioheadband now
>>
>>70915055
>>70915055
>been nothing but American Football, Beach Fossils, Radiohead
ive not seen a consequential thread for any of these artists in a very long while.
if you want to see new content on /mu/ start posting new content. essentially what you're doing right now is going "i want to stop wearing graphic-t's" but never buying anything else.
>>
>>70915096
I do, but then I get told I have shitty taste since I dare to talk about artists that are outside of the /mu/scene. I get that that's /mu/, but that's not me.
>>
>>70915189
What are you wanting to talk about?
>>
>>70915189
if you want to shoot a hoop, and you miss and somebody goes "nice shot faggot!" do you just give up? if you're 9, maybe.

you cant expect to change anything with a passive positition on something you feel passionate about. you cant go "maybe this will happen, i really hope it does"

what do you want to talk about?
>>
its called find it yourself you fucking moron
why the fuck do you have to listen to anyones opinion, why cant you just think for yourself
like fuck, i havent listened to 90% of the /mu/core chart yet im fairly sure i have better taste than half the board
thats the problem with so many autists on this board, its all about what other people think of what you listen to, so many people dont actually like the music because they like, but rather just because they will get a pat on the back from random internet fellows when they post their chart in a chart thread or some shit
if you really wanted to find music you liked so badly, then you would go out and find, not just expect to be spoonfed
>>
>>70915492
you are a moron. why come to a discussion board in the first place if you dont want discussion.
>>
>>70915359
Ohhhhhh just some

Ambient Electronica
Glitch
Eurodance
Sax infused Electropop
Breakcore
Epic Metal
Power Metal
Retrowave
Vaporwave
Synthpop
Neue Deutche Harte
Darkwave
Alt Rock
Art Rock
Score
lowercase
SYMPHONIC HARSH NOISE
Symphonic Glitch
Old school EDM
Gay anthems
Ska Punk
Gangsta Rap
J-Electronica
J-Rap
Crunk
Dark Cabaret
Ambient Industrial
Old school DnB
Baroque Pop
Dream Pop
New Wave
Chiptune
Psytrance
Deep House
etc

>>70915411
I've tried to change /mu/ for 4 years though and my memes are just dreams

>>70915492
I don't know how to find it, though. Say I want a grand pipe organ accompanied by a theremin, how am I gonna find that by myself? Say I love a certain soundfont of a certain synthesizer, but I don't know what it is, how do I find more songs that have that soundfont?
>>
>>70914634
holy shit I used to be obsessed with that game
>>
>>70914634
JUNKBOT
>>
>>70915714
broader searches yield more results.
>>
>>70915734
You can still play it (and all the other old lego flash games) - some guy converted them to be playable offline and archived them all.

>>70915780
OH YEAH

>>70915786
90 times out of 100 the stuff I find is no good though.
>>
>>70914634
you sound unfamiliar with all of these communities
>>
>>70914634
Find a radio station that you like.

I found The Loft on satellite radio a few months ago, and holy shit, in the past like 4 months I've gotten more music from it than I've gotten from radio the entirety of my life before that. I have a new favorite band of all time because of that radio station.

It's super eclectic, and not everything's a winner, but some days I'll get literally double digits of new songs, often from artists I'd never heard of but find myself really liking.

Find one that works for you.
>>
File: front.jpg (132KB, 600x592px) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
132KB, 600x592px
Listen to Stock, Hausen, & Walkman OP
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.