[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Microphones or Mount Eerie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: d0b8b518.jpg (80KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
d0b8b518.jpg
80KB, 500x500px
Microphones or Mount Eerie?
>>
>>70910803
mount eerie for me
>>
>>70910832
Any reason why? Whats yr favorite mount eerie album?
>>
The Microphones only have two albums that I like (It Was Hot, The Glow Pt. 2) and Mount Eerie have three (Lost Wisdom, Dawn, Wind's Poem), but the peaks from the former are higher, so I'll go with Microphones.
>>
>>70910916
Can I ask why you don't enjoy the album Mount Eerie so much?
>>
>>70910874
I love the Microphones as well, but I prefer Mount Eerie for some intangible reason I can't explain. Lost Wisdom is my favourite.
>>
>>70910972
It's just too experimental and out there for me. The Glow Pt. 2 has a handful of accessible tracks to offset the more experimental songs on the album, but Mount Eerie the album has no easy tracks to help ease the listener into it.
>>
>>70911030
Oh i wasnt trying to tell you that you were wrong:)! Lost Wisdom is great but I'm partial to Dawn, myself
>>
>>70910803
anyone here listen to Real Death yet?
>>
>>70911410
Yes :'(
>>
>>70911088
but it's not that experimental
if you love it was hot and the glow part two, you should be able to appreciate mount eerie
listen to it with headphones
>>
>>70911525
I'll give it another try. In general I prefer when The Microphones/Mount Eerie sound closer to Eric's Trip than anything else.
>>
>>70911410
yes. just fuck me up, god
>>
>>70911568
i got you man. i really do love mount eerie so much. the first ten minutes of drums are extremely off putting. but the way the drums fade into the track are fucking amazing. plus the tribal nature makes it feel like a sacrifice is going on
>>
I prefer mount eerie by the microphones
>>
Dawn has some of my favorite Phil tracks
>>
Wind's Poem is GOAT
>>
>>70910803
Well the Microphones have the perfect trilogy, but Mount Eerie has No FLashlight, Lost Wisdom, Dawn, Winds Poem, Clear Moon, and Sauna. So I think they are equal.
>>
>>70912845
bro you forgot Ocean Roar
>>
Gotta go with Mount Eerie. Although It Was Hot, Glow pt 2, and The Mount Eerie Album are all memorable and amazing on their own, there's just this mood to a Mount Eerie album that Can't be beat. I like it all except for Ocean Roar, not a fan of that LP. My favorites are Dawn, Winds Poem and No Flashlight, Sauna comes close to top 3 though.
>>
>>70912914
BRO WHAT IS WRONG WITH OCEAN ROAR
>>
>>70912932
Idk, just never clicked for me, the first two songs were GOAT. The rest just didn't hook me as much as Clear Moon did, I know I'll be getting that along with Clear moon on vinyl though, also forgot to Mention Black Wooden ceiling opening, amazing EP people just overlooked
>>
>>70911699
i bet phil hates it now
>>
>>70911410
I honestly don't know if I will listen his upcoming album. It'll probably drain me emotionally.
>>
>>70912982
I was spinning Ocean Roar earlier; it's definitely a good decision to cop that shit on vinyl.

Honestly, I think I like that record a lot because it seems like a branch off from Wind's Poem.
>>
>>70913040
I could see the comparison, I know I will be listening to it again, once it gets here with A Crow Looked At Me, which I ordered along with it and Clear moon, so I have another month to wait. But I'm looking forward to it
>>
>>70913102
I'm so ready for A Crow Looked at Me to fuck my shit up. I pre-ordered that a few weeks ago as well.
>>
>>70913118
Kind of a weird way to be about it, I think. When Sauna came out I couldn't wait for it to come and still listen to it regularly. Great, solid album... I pre-ordered Crow day one no questions but I'm not really as excited to hear it. I feel like Phil pretty much gets a free pass on this first project back to do whatever the fuck he wants. Not a huge fan of the title, for example, but whatever. As a fan of his art, I'm glad he's releasing (pun intended) some of the emotion from this time in his life but not particularly pumped as a listener.
>>
File: window.jpg (285KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
window.jpg
285KB, 1200x1200px
>>70913495
Also, anybody else really like Window?
>>
>>70910803

Is Phil, dare I say, /OURGUY/?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.