[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird music genres

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

I don't know a lot about music, but I recently tought of two genres that I think I'd really like, if only I could listen to them. So yeah if you know any bands that sound kinda like what I'lll describe tell me

>Grunge rap
Basically rap with a whiny tone for the verses and angry screamed lyrics for the chorus. Electric guitars highly appreciated but not obligatory.

>Surf metal
I know that there are a lot of "Original 1960s Trve Kvlt surf music" remixes out there on youtube, but I'm searching for actual bands that sound like that. I don't even wan't only Surf rock x black metal, it can be surf rock x any type of metal

I'm pretty sure I didn't reinvent music, these "new genres" are pretty basic, so I'm sure there are bands that sound like that out there, I'm just too dumb to find them

If you have any equally dumb questions, feel free to hijack this thread
>>
grunge metal? sounds like Linkin Park
>>
You're looking for Nu Metal, and meme music, in that order.
>>
>>70906632
>>70906651
Really? Nu metal is the closest you can get?
Isn't it lots of (shitty) metal and a little bit of (shittier)rap? I'm looking for lots of rap and a little bit of grunge

also
>meme music
everything's a meme at this point
>>
>grunge metal
try Dopethrone by Electric Wizard
>>
>>70907090
>>70906632
idk why both of you got it wrong, but I said grunge rap, not grunge metal

Electric wizard's pretty fuckin cool tho, thanks for making me listen to them again, I completely forgot they existed
>>
>>70906575
>Basically rap with a whiny tone for the verses and angry screamed lyrics for the chorus. Electric guitars highly appreciated but not obligatory.

that sounds like hollywood undead but they're shit
>>
>>70907447
yeah, they really are shit.

I'm looking for something with a kinda sadder tone also

I guess the closer I can get is King by XXXtentacion
>>
Maybe try Bones from TEAM SESH, he's real emotional and uses guitars a lot, and also screams a lot
>>
>Surf metal
I guess this is pretty similar. Tell me if something along these lines was what you were looking for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFbyb5wvG_M
>>
>>70908039
yeah that's it! Thanks man, I really like it!
>>70907918
I only know RestInPeace, what other songs do you recommend?
>>
>>70908408
Cool. Really glad that I could help
>>
>>70908408
LayMeInTheRiver
HDMI
SapphireSarcophagus
Thehandofthewitch
Thenoiseinsidemyhead
GladWeHaveAnUnderstanding
>>
>>70908702
Same guy, but you would be better off just checking out some of his tapes, they're all free and all have their own kind of aesthetics and themes
>>
>>70906575
>Grunge Rap
Eyedea
>>
>>70908734
Listening to "The Many Faces of Oliver Hart" rn, for now it's a little bit too happy sounding for me to consider it grunge, but it's definitly unique and I really like it

thanks
>>
>>70908702
>>70908733
will do, thank you
>>
still open to suggestions
>>
>>70909048
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiFE0N9o0D4
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.