[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well /mu/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: Screenshot_20170209-152559~2.png (125KB, 1080x416px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170209-152559~2.png
125KB, 1080x416px
Well /mu/?
>>
File: CmonSon.jpg (26KB, 685x300px) Image search: [Google]
CmonSon.jpg
26KB, 685x300px
HERBIE GUY TAKING REQUESTS!
Will review any Herbie songs/albums of your choice.

Will give recs to people who want them.
Any and all Herbie q's welcome.
>>
>>70893569
I'm a real cool kat
Slide over some thoughts on herbies coolest jazz record
>>
>>70893569
Kek. I've listened to his funk period and his earlier modal period. What should I try next?
>>70893453
Maynstreem meadyore is a blithering plebeian, but melon does a weak job of taking him down. Anyway you missed the earlier thread.
>>
>>70893569
so empyrean isles is his best right
>>
File: EI.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
EI.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
>>70894945
Herbie's COOLEST would probably be Empyrean Isles. Just has a nice, smooth feeling. Like going on a car drive at night in New York.

>>70894957
>Kek. I've listened to his funk period and his earlier modal period. What should I try next?
Depends. Which did you like more, the funk or the early modal?

>>70894960
No but it;s in the top 10.
>>
Why would he bother to acknowledge that autist from inforwars?
>>
>>70895000
>Depends. Which did you like more, the funk or the early modal?
Modal desu
>>
File: finger_snap.jpg (43KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
finger_snap.jpg
43KB, 450x450px
>>70895000
The trips
The cool
Herbieanon
You are one
Cool
Kat
>>
>>70895029
If you haven't listened to Inventions and Dimensions (I'm assuming you did, it's early but not really 'model') give that a listen. Nice smooth jazz album with a lot of great latin percussion.

As for later stuff: River the Joni Letters is the most straightforward of them.
It's an album of Herbie doing overs of Joni Mitchell songs, re arranging them to be more jazz based.

I'd also recommend The Piano (Him playing half the album with covers of standards, half new compositions, just on keyboards) and Quartet (1982 album where he returns to his original jazz style admist his disco bullshit)
>>
HERBIE'S OFFICIAL RANKINGS!

>>70895042
Thanks man.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.