[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isnt this /mu/ core?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: Megadeth-RustInPeace[1].jpg (173KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Megadeth-RustInPeace[1].jpg
173KB, 300x300px
Why isnt this /mu/ core?
>>
because it's good
>>
Because my ass is even more /mu/core
>>
it's /b/core
>>
>>70887944
I thought it was
>>
It is though, you dip.
>>
It literally is in terms of metal albums.
>>
Because it's actually good and has guitars in it

/mu/ is allergic to both
>>
part of what makes something /mu/core is obscurity and exclusivity, something not recognized as much in other music circles, and it's usually something more experimental and arty
rust in peace is fucking great, but it's very conventional and loved far outside of /mu/
>>
File: 81qO4c+A3zL._SX522_.jpg (124KB, 522x522px) Image search: [Google]
81qO4c+A3zL._SX522_.jpg
124KB, 522x522px
>>70887987
this is the only metal album that would qualify as /mu/core
bear in mind that something being /mu/core has little to do with the actual quality of the album, though they usually are very good albums
>>
>>70888163
oh, and sunbather, sunbather is for sure /mu/core, but that's pretty much as far as /mu/core and metal
>>
>>70888163
>slow, deep and hard
looks like it is about gay sex
>>
>>70888193
no, non-consensual jackhammer sex
check it out, it's a hoot
>>
>>70887954
/thread
>>
>>70888238
that's the thing about /mu/, they fully accept and share great music if it meets arbitrary standards of artiness but if it's something conventional they won't even bother no matter good it is just because it's not experimental enough
that's how you get all these people who think something like coil is the greatest thing ever and they've never even sat down and listened to black sabbath
>>
>>70888362
coil and sabbath are good tho
>>
>>70888553
oh fuck yeah they are, but i just think it's funny that there are people who listen to experimental music so exclusively that they wouldn't have ever even listened to a band as significant and great as sabbath just because it's popular and their dad likes it or something
>>
>>70888633
Well, that would happen to someone who just came here or to someone who takes discussion on here way too seriously.
>>
It's not /mu/core because it's not experimental, pretentious, or obscure as fuck. Still a classic though, probably Mustaine's best work.
>>
>>70888707
But like all of /mu/core is super accessible, what are you talking about?
>>
>>70888769
it's faux inaccessible, which is good enough for most people
>>
>>70888193
It's literally got a penis going into a vagina on the cover. How the hell could it possibly be about gay sex?
>>
>>70888633
it doesn't mean they can't like what they like
you're the one being pretentious here, you're the one saying "I know what's good because I know popular bands"
people who refuse to listen to popular stuff do exist, but saying someone is ignorant just because they like "experimental" is just as stupid
>>
>>70888163
Is that a cock?
>>
File: Boris - Flood.jpg (44KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Boris - Flood.jpg
44KB, 500x500px
>>70888163
*ahem*
>>
>>70888863
it's a ping pong peeno goin in a vagiloo
>>70888898
agreed
>>
>>70888117
You are wrong
>>
>>70887944
it's one of the most popular metal albums on the board
>>
>>70888188
i would say there's a few others like

earth - earth 2 special low frequency version
electric wizard - dopethrone
>>
>>70888117
ITCOTCK is /mu/core so you're definitely wrong
>>
File: 1460763771268.png (315KB, 423x384px) Image search: [Google]
1460763771268.png
315KB, 423x384px
>>70888633
>/mu/core
>experimental
It's hipster music for emo kids that grew up on buttrock. It's not even good indie, it's the shitty kind of indie made by "it's not a phase mom, god" losers who never even aspired to do or be anything interesting in life. It's mediocre music by mediocre musicians for mediocre people who lead mediocre lives just like the mediocre role models they discuss on /mu/.
>>
>>70891379
This

I've since moved on to Noise. Indie Rock is for psueds, imo.
>>
>>70891379
Name ten good "indie" groups
>>
>>70891474
Ratatat
Breton
Animal Kingdom
Eugene McGuinness
Awolnation
Coldcut
The Octopus Project
Soulwax
Raffertie
Nero's Day at Disneyland
>>
It is, and anyone that says otherwise is a fucking retard who has a warped perception of /mu/'s taste. Stop being so insecure, /v/ermin.
>>
>>70891714
I see you get spoonfed by sharethreads

Coldcut, Breton, and The Octopus Project are particularly awful.

The Octopus Project is absolute weenie music.
>>
>>70887944
RIP is the GOAT metal album. It's not just the best thrash release ever, it's the greatest metal release in general.

Marty Friedman > All
>>
>>70891802
Actually I discovered those from the youtube sidebar. Are you telling me that sharethreads aren't just circlejerking American Football, Real Estate and Mineral like I imagined they did?
>>
>>70887944

Because you don't understand what /mu/core is.
>>
>>70892341
As long as it's mealy mouthed mumbling over lazy acoustic strumming, it's /mu/core, right?
>>
>>70892210
All of those aside from Animal Kingdom and Nero have been shilled in sharethreads, especially a couple years ago. Seeing Octopus Project as the flavor of the month got really grating.

Lurk more.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.