[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I unironically believe this is the best hip-hop album ever made.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: MotMEoD.jpg (743KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
MotMEoD.jpg
743KB, 1400x1400px
I unironically believe this is the best hip-hop album ever made.
>>
>>70887582
k
>>
Alright, so then you've established that you know fuck all about hip-hop. Anything else you want to get off your 15 year old chest?
>>
>I should know! This is the only hip hop album I've listened to!
>>
>>70887582
Well I unironically think that album is mediocre as fuck, and all his other albums are well below that.
>>
File: illmatic.jpg (31KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
illmatic.jpg
31KB, 300x300px
OP here. I was too busy getting fucked in my ass to realize that I accidentally posted the wrong image. Sorry about that.
>>
>>70888251
Used to be one of my favorite albums and I don't even care for hip-hop, but now when I listen to it all I hear is "WE WUZ KANGZ N SHEIT."
>>
lot of haters in this thread...
>>
>>70888301
How can you get that feeling from Illmatic? Its just Nas singing about stupid shit, however Nas did make an album about KANGZZ later on
>>
>>70888346
>Nas singing
>>
File: Lupe_Fiasco_Tetsuo_&_Youth[1].jpg (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Lupe_Fiasco_Tetsuo_&_Youth[1].jpg
20KB, 300x300px
too many weak tracks to be the best. The best hip-hop album has to be close to perfection.

For me its Tetsuo & Youth or MBDTF.
>>
File: street's disciple.jpg (193KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
street's disciple.jpg
193KB, 900x900px
>>70888346
Be, be, 'fore we came to this country
We were kings and queens, never porch monkeys
There was empires in Africa called Kush
Timbuktu, where every race came to get books
To learn from black teachers who taught Greeks and Romans
Asian Arabs and gave them gold when
Gold was converted to money it all changed
Money then became empowerment for Europeans
The Persian military invaded
They heard about the gold, the teachings and everything sacred
Africa was almost robbed naked
Slavery was money, so they began making slave ships
Egypt was the place that Alexander the Great went
He was so shocked at the mountains with black faces
Shot up they nose to impose what basically
Still goes on today, you see?
If the truth is told, the youth can grow
They learn to survive until they gain control
Nobody says you have to be gangstas, hoes
Read more learn more, change the globe
Ghetto children, do your thing
Hold your head up, little man, you're a king
Young Princess when you get your wedding ring
Your man is saying "She's my Queen"

-Nas, N.I.G.G.E.R. (The Slave and the Master)
>>
>>70887582
That's cool, man. It's your opinion. For what it's worth, even though it came out after 808s, the ideas on this record not only influenced 808s, but practically a good majority of modern attempts at hip hop (Drake for sure comes to mind, so does Kevin Gates with his new record, basically any of these guys that try to do that RnB singing thing sometimes with vocals effects along with the hip hops.)
>>
>>70888301
well aware this is bait but fuck you ya racist piece of trash
>>
That's actually the album that got me into the whole of hip-hop. Was a dadrock/wrong generation faggot when it came out. It's actually a perfect entry-level hip-hop album. Focus on beats/production, not on lyrics. Lot of multi-genre sounds, not just the boom and the bap.

Very dear to my heart.
>>
>>70888458
>complains about illmatic
>explicitly shows the album art of a different album
not the brightest bulb are you
>>
>>70888550
3rd party observer here. You are in fact the dumbass here. The post was in response to another post talking about the KANGZ shit occurring on a later, different album. Literally no one claimed that these lyrics appeared on Illmatic, and non-autistic people unlike yourself can clearly follow the conversation.
>>
>>70889151
oops. sorry
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.