[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sampha - Process

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170208_192249.jpg (41KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170208_192249.jpg
41KB, 620x620px
OK. I don't lurk on this board so pls no bully.

What do you guy think about this album? What are it's highlights for you? Is it noteworthy or does it not really interest you?

Plastic 100°c from 3:40 is some of the most beautiful music I've listen to in recent memory.

What's holding this artist back from becoming a mainstream sensation? Is he even capable of it?
>>
Cut Blood on Me, Kora Sings and Incomplete Kisses out and it's a good album.
>>
>>70883753
I really liked the first SBTRKT album mostly because of Sampha's vocals. That album definitely showed mainstream success potential. Not so much the 2nd album. Sampha was barely on it.

Need to give this a listen.
>>
File: 1459740485172.gif (3MB, 174x200px) Image search: [Google]
1459740485172.gif
3MB, 174x200px
>>70883753
I've been binging on Blood on Me for a couple of days now.
>>
>>70883782
I like blood on me when it came out last year but I've heard too much and I think it's kinda mediocre now. I like Kora Sings. Incomplete kisses is good enough to stay but isn't the best. I didn't like Under and take me inside at first but they're grew on me.
>>70883870
I did this when it released as a single in autumn, so I'm kinda numb to to it now.
My gf is going through that phase RN.
>>
>>70883909
SAAAAME! I played it too way too much when it first came out and I think that's why I hate it now, but I think when a song ends up like that it means it wasn't good in the first place, right? That's why I said cut it. Kora sings I really like the first minute but the chorus and what comes afterwards is bad.. I don't know, I just don't feel it. Incomplete Kisses is nice but unnecessary in my opinion, it would've been better if What Shouldn't I Be came after Timmy's Prayer
>>
>>70883909
>>70884004 here
How do you feel about Under? I keep on liking it then hating it then liking it again with every listen. Really makes me confused
>>
>>70884004
I don't think it means that it wasn't good. It's easy to tire yourself with that kinda track, the kinda quick hit *listen to it exclusively for a week* type track. In a long time from know you'll probably hear the song and get nostalgic, either that or hate it :P.

I like the riff or tune bit in Kora Sings but I see what you mean. Timmy's prayer is another one listened to extensively before the album dropped.
>>
>>70884060
I'm not a fan of the echoey repetition at the beginning but I like the beat. I really feel the same way you do. whether or not I enjoy it is dependent on my mood, what I've just been doing, what I've just listened to or what's on my mind.

"I'm still swimming in those eyes,
You made it rain,
Like you own the sky. "

Yeah I think under/thunder repetition is the bit I least like.

" I'm gasping for aiiiirr"
>>
>>70884060
I'm interested to hear what you have to say about Reverse Faults?
I'm pretty normie when I listen to this one Becky favorite bit is when he says "I took the brake pads out the car, *bass kicks off* and I flew"
I feel bad for enjoying it, I feel like I'm enjoying a bass drop or something. What do you think about that section of "Plastic 100°c" I mentioned in OP? Do you use Fahrenheit or Centigrade?
>>
>>70883753

my AOTYSF

favorite tracks: 100 degrees, Blood On Me, (Nobody Knows Me) Like The Piano.

8/10
>>
>>70884400
Will Fantano review?
>>
>>70883753
it's pretty good. probably like a 6.5-7/10. we have the same favorites OP
>>
>>70884553
Good to hear.
Know any other albums or artists like this?
>>
>>70884167
>>70884298
Sorry I just saw your reply. I feel the same exact way about Under too haha, that's my problem with it. The part where he keeps on saying under thunder under thunder but I really like the beat too and that's why I'm confused. I love Reverse Faults. I think it's the best one out of the songs with a beat and it reminds me of the stuff Arca produced for FKA twigs so I'm really into it. Don't feel bad about it, it's a good song I think. I loved Plastic 100°c on first listen but it bores me a little with every listen. I think I feel the same way about it as you do, it would've been way better if it was only 3 or minutes long. I think he stretched it out more than it should've been. It's a really confusing album haha. I hate it when artists do this thing where they hook you on parts of their songs and not the whole thing
>>
>>70885582
It's cool.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. But I don't know who either Arca or FKA twigs are. Recommendations?
>>
>>70885641
fuck. Go listen to FKA twigs' 2 eps then listen to her album, it's called LP1. If you like them listen to her M3L115X EP. After you're done with her discography check out Arca's solo stuff even though it's not similar but God-tier production still in my opinion. You should really like FKA twigs if you liked Sampha.

Here are two songs to get you started:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OydK91JjFOw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8yix8PZKlw
>>
>>70885777
Thanks. I like it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.