[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Music for blue collar midwest?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

File: 1464113843160.jpg (7KB, 240x232px) Image search: [Google]
1464113843160.jpg
7KB, 240x232px
Okay /mu/, i fucked up by passing as a normie way too well at work and I seriously need some help

>be me
>southern midwest
>work factory job
>normally plays classic rock or country station on radio
>ads are fucking obnoxious
>buy boombox from amazon
>bring it to work with a small selection of mp3's, forgetting how long my shift is and how it's not gonna last me all day
>it's some rolling stones and 80s shit, nothing too spergy like my usually memewave and weebshit
>depeche mode
>fuck everyone thinks im gay now
>plus it looped through my playlist like 1.5 times before i realized it was way too short and then I shut it off
>cant figure out any other songs besides some Bowie and Cash to add that would be appropriate for a blue-collar setting and not seem faggy (which, i dont mind but my coworkers will)

Anyone got any reccomendations? 'nam rock or non-faggy 80s pop music would be good. Anything that is enjoyable for most people and wouldnt make a truck-driving church-going 40something go "oh god what the hell is he making us all listen to"

I don't have much experience with music outside of synthwave and similar so there must be plenty of good and popular bands I havent heard of yet.
>>
>>70856977
>"normie"
>bragging about being autistic
idiot
>>
>>70856993
I'm not bragging about being autistic. I was trying to convey that my normal tastes are considered "wierd" by an average person in my area, and I need some help finding music that is both good for the average bluecollar as well as for me. I guess i wrote the first sentence a little stronger than i shouldve because I was gonna make a power-level joke but fuck it, I didnt *really* reveal my power level any.
>>
>>70856977
>Midwest
Bowie will make you look gay too btw
>>
Dixie Chicks are pretty much the only good country aside from Cash.

Any/all of their songs will do you fine.
>>
BRUCE
R
U
C
E
>>
>>70857067
hey! I have an idea
>don't hook up your phone (because you're too much of a peasant to use a PMP despite crying "normie" when someone calls you a fag for listening to vaporwave (read: shitwave)) and let someone else play their music instead

WOW THAT WAS SO HARD
>>
File: bibatoot.png (40KB, 165x159px) Image search: [Google]
bibatoot.png
40KB, 165x159px
>>70857166
>Dixie Chicks are pretty much the only good country aside from Cash
>>
>>70856977
i dont know what the midwest is like but just listen to classic rock radio and pick from those if youre so worried

or better yet, just dont and let them play the radio. thats probably the best way to go
>>
Hank III
>>
>>70856977
B O B D Y L A N
O
B

D
Y
L
A
N
>>
>>70857226
...What?
They are.
>>
>>70857298
>>70857226
OH GOD DAMN IT.
I forgot Dolly Parton. My bad.
>>
matchbox 20
>>
>>70857177
I'm no fucking commie
>>
>>70857206
faggot, its a boombox. With a USB port. I had a fucking usb stick with a short playlist, and I highly doubt anyone else in the shop carries a music player or an aux cord. The other guy's music is just the radio that constantly plays obnoxious advertisements and half of the time its horrible modern country that makes me want to blow my fucking brains out. Give it a rest and stop being such a presumptuous cunt, jeez.
>>
>>70856977
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU74gImrd1c

guaranteed to put some hairs on any man's chest
>>
>>70857166
>>70857310
lol u trying to get OP beat up?

and if that Entombed is too heavy or weird, you can't go wrong with Pantera
>>
File: MI0002465305.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
MI0002465305.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
Likely this album, Holcomb talks about personal experiences which has a sortof midwest feel to it.
>>
>>70856977
i got u froggy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be7rBgc-OEE
>>
>>70857469
Dolly is literally loved by every single person on Earth
>>
>>70857660
that shits fuckin gay yo
>>
You vote for Trump you racist faggot?
>>
File: tumblr_odgwj6jhPY1v33hszo1_1280.png (155KB, 1000x954px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_odgwj6jhPY1v33hszo1_1280.png
155KB, 1000x954px
>>70857718
sure did, commie
>>
>>70857683
I know the type of people OP mentioned will mock the fuck out of you if you play Dixie Chicks tho.
>>
>>70857829
What's wrong with The Dixie Chicks?
>>
>>70856977
They'd probably like Credence
Springsteen works but only stuff from The River and later, to be safe
If you play Bowie they're definitely going to think you're gay
>>
>>70857853
they've been blacklisted from the country industry/hated by hicks ever since they bashed george bush
>>
What about The Clash?
and check out Melvins - Houdini
>>
The Coneheads
Liquids
Lumpy & The Dumpers

look into thise and explore from there anon, half-retarded suburbanites rule the midwest music scene right now
>>
>>70857897
Still??
Oh Christ, they need to get over it....
>>
>>70856977
Honestly, just listen to the music you like on your own time, and listen to whatever buttrock/country music your coworkers listen to at work.
Are headphones allowed where you work?
>>
>>70857853
They're really boring. And have very few good songs. Usually embarrassing.
>>
File: Kyuss_Welcome_to_Sky_Valley.jpg (37KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Kyuss_Welcome_to_Sky_Valley.jpg
37KB, 300x300px
Play something heavy, then no one will fuck with you. And if anyone complains and asks you to turn it off call them pussies.
>>
What do you mean, you have no experience with music outside of synthwave? If that's the case, why don't you check out the stuff that influenced it? 80s synthpop, horror and scifi movie soundtracks from the 80s, berlin school and progressive electronic, synth funk, 80s progressive rock, new age, ebm... and from there on, you'll find other stuff you'll enjoy.

Also.. how old are you?

Also check the album i'm gonna release soon lol
>>
>>70857424
>stop being a presumptuous cunt
>says the guy asking "hey so what is some basic music I can play? My playlist is too next level for these guys"
idiot
>>
Charlie Daniels
Anything but Meme Went Down to Georgia.
>>
you could probably fill things out using the songs from the radio too
>>
Do they like country OP?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIjUY3pjN8E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_Y3mnj-8lA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUpTJg2EBpw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE5pM1HXxlI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NshQKDfFPlw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkOsccnyFWs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNveMjoSxp0
>>
Bruce Springsteen
Billy Joel
Bob Dylan
Johnny Cash
George Jones
Garth Brooks
The Stones
The Who
Hank Williams
Eagles

don't play Boston
>>
>>70857934
no thats the problem, forklifts and shit don't permit headphones. Plus, now that everyone saw my boombox theres a social expectation for me to use it.
>>
>>70858002
Oh i know 80s synthpop, the problem is im 19 and the rest of the guys at work are 30+ so its really awkward if I play my Kavinsky and Perturbator, and i can't wear headphones.
>>
>>70857718
Fuck off, Ahmed. It's you fucks bitching about racism that makes me cool with America wanting to puts white first. They can go right ahead. Whites are nice people.

p.s. I'm not white
>>
File: 1464806954521.jpg (41KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1464806954521.jpg
41KB, 600x600px
>>70858008
I'm never said it was "next level", i said it was weird. I like repetitive and simple synth music, these people like country and classic rock. I can stand classic rock but i dont know much about it. that's all i've been saying.
>>
>>70858180
bless you kind soul
>>
Jason Aldean
Luke Bryan

Be warned though these guys are experimental country (think Fishmans and Flying Lotus with country infused banjo synths)
>>
>>70857945
I always find it funny when kyuss fans pretend they're really heavy
One track title on this album is like "the adventures of supa scoopa and mini scoop"
>>
>>70856977
I would just pick a radio station. Then it's not your problem
>>
>>70858417
Red Hot Chili Peppers Radio on Pandora Internet Radio is the ultimate "don't blame me for this shit" music choice
>>
>>
File: 1466098133895.jpg (8KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
1466098133895.jpg
8KB, 228x221px
>>70858435
good to know, although I don't have pandora and again, the local radio stations are shit and dont even come in well in the warehouse i work in.

I managed to put together some classic rock stuff that should pad out the rest of the workday.
>>
>>70858466
what the fuck is this image
delete it right now
>>
>>70856977
Outlaw country.
Willie, Hank Sr., George Jones, Merle Haggard is a good place to start.

You might get away with some metal, just don't go grind. I would also shy away from anything real dark or gloomy, my experience is people, these people, don't get it and they think music is just for fun an dark music doesn't compute. Reign in Blood and Kill em All might be okay. Misfits might be okay.

The point is you probably have some point of overlap with these people you just have to abbreviate your listening around them accordingly. I am a southerner and I work maintenance in a tire factory.
>>
>>70856977
You could ask them what they like?

Or just play anarcho-punk and seize control of the factory.
>>
>>70856977
show them this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2uZyTm_w0M
>>
>>70856977
Literally who cares? Just listen to whatever you like.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.