[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Africa by Toto the best song of all time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: best song ever.jpg (21KB, 302x330px) Image search: [Google]
best song ever.jpg
21KB, 302x330px
Is it the best song ever? I think it might be. I've never met anyone who doesn't love it.
>>
I loathed it with a passion and I hate this group for winning album of the year in 83 when they're only known for that song.
>>
Hahaha no.
>>
>>70845676
No, not even close
>>
>>70845676
wew lad, what's next?
The Scorpions - Wind of Change?
Men at Work - Down Under?
Midnight Oil - Beds Are Burning?
Survivor - Eye of the Tiger?
George Michael - Careless Whisper?
R.E.M. - Losing My Religion?
>>
>>70845776
Rossana spent 5 consecutive weeks at #2 in the US
>>
>>70845776
Hold the Line, Rosanna, Pamela, and to a lesser degree I'll be over you.
>>
>>70845676
This is a good way to start a thread, got to hand it to you.
>>
File: What.gif (1MB, 396x298px) Image search: [Google]
What.gif
1MB, 396x298px
>>70845933
>Rossana spent 5 consecutive weeks at #2 in the US
...Well shit. I'll admit I messed up my research there. My bad.

But still...we gave these guys more than one hit? Sheesh...of all the groups that deserve to be one hit wonders...this is one of them.
>>
>>70845676
>I've never met anyone who doesn't love it.
Here I am, there's a first time for everything. I fucking hate everything that has Toto on it, but that might just be due to a childhood grudge. Actually no, I think they're shit.
>>
>>70845776
They are always cited when discussing how the Best New Artist Grammy is a curse that tends to end careers.

And yeah even though it's catchy as he'll and pleasant enough I loathe it as well. There's a chick in my town (actually pretty damn attractive, a total North Dakota 10 maybe 8 in a big city) who plays it on the jukebox every time she comes in the bar. She started ragging on my jukebox picks (mostly metal, nothing too extreme though) and told her to shut the fuck up seeing as how she likes Toto - fucking Toto!
>>
File: large.jpg (39KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
39KB, 450x450px
Toto, the band that makes Tight Fit look classy and culturally sensitive.
>>
>>70846310
I want to fuck that bitch on the right
>>
File: toto-i-ll-be-over-you.jpg (15KB, 626x456px) Image search: [Google]
toto-i-ll-be-over-you.jpg
15KB, 626x456px
SOME PEOPLE LIVE THEIR DREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMS
>>
i really fucking hate it and it makes me angry that normies have enshrined the song for some reason. it's essentially buttrock-cheese fusion
>>
File: 1483389199800s.jpg (2KB, 125x105px) Image search: [Google]
1483389199800s.jpg
2KB, 125x105px
>>70845676
>dum dum dum dududu dum
>>
rosanna is superior by far

africa is classic pleb core
>>
It's 80's cheese
It's good 80's cheese, but still
>>
>>70846310
T H I C C
>>
>>70845776
>this guy again

Grammys are garbage anyway, who cares
>>
Hall & Oates are the best 80s group with the best hits

I Can't Go For That and Maneater are my fucking jams
>>
>>70847093
>Hall and Oates

You're kidding, right?

So many better 80s pop bands, Eurythmics, The Cars, Duran Duran all spring to mind
>>
The snobs and hipsters need to get their heads out of their fucking asses and own up to liking "Africa". They say they hate it to keep up their little facade of 'coolness', but we all know you like it. And nobody should feel guilty about liking the thing; it's a damn wonderful pop song, with an irresistible (and awesomely overblown) chorus and synthline.
>>
>>70845676
sounds like elevator music
>>
>>70847093
t. found out about Hall & Oates 2 months ago because The xx sample
>>
>>70845676
I think it's only rival is September by Earth, Wind & Fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs069dndIYk
>>
>>70848071
This

It's a fucking garbage song. Overwrought, overproduced, shit lyrics

But god damn that's a fucking chorus.
>>
>>70847460
oh, thanks for reminding me about The Cars, they are probably the only good band posted in this entire thread
>>
>>70845676
I hate it because I love it. It's like a guilty pleasure
>>
>>70848071
besides, 'africa' is a fucking shit
>>
File: Queen_Greatest_Hits.png (117KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
Queen_Greatest_Hits.png
117KB, 316x316px
Is Greatest Hits by Queen the best album of all time?
Is it the best album ever? I think it might be. I've never met anyone who doesn't love it.
>>
File: 61372710.jpg (108KB, 447x500px) Image search: [Google]
61372710.jpg
108KB, 447x500px
counterpoint:
>>
>>70846856
This
>>
>>70849267
It doesn't have Stone Cold Crazy on it so it can fuck right off
>>
>>70846856
bu bu deh deh du du deh deh du du deh deh du du deh deh
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.