[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DUSTER

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

File: stratosphere.jpg (7KB, 220x219px) Image search: [Google]
stratosphere.jpg
7KB, 220x219px
Name a better slowcore album
oh wait, you can't
>>
>>70843182
name your top 50 slowcore albums, i need some recs please
>>
>>70843182
>>
>>70843230
As if he knows anything else besides Duster - Stratosphere and maybe Low. C'mon now.
>>
>>70843230
>implying there are 50 slowcore albums
>>
>>70843241
For me, about half this album is awkwardly obvious and cliched--kind of banal slowcore crooning without the atmosphere to support it--but the other half really delivers the slowcore/post-rock dreamy/melancholic/textural goods, especially the fantastic 9-minute closer "Moonbeams". I don't really hear the similarities to Slint that other people mention. This doesn't have any kind of post-hardcore edge like Slint.
>>
>he hasn't heard frigid stars yet
>>
>>70843257
The sequencing and use of dynamics is probably why people make comparisons, but it is a much softer and quieter album than Spiderland.

Atmosphere is overrated, it doesn't need it. It's a very cold and focused record. I don't know how you can call something like "Being Held" banal and cliched at all.
>>
>>70843182
Bluetile Lounge - Lowercase
Love, Claire - s/t
Red House Painters - Down Colorful Hill
Low - Long Division
Idaho - Heart of Palm
Codeine - The White Birch

Wow that was easy!
>>
>>70843302
For me, sincerely, the atmosphere is one of the best things of it. Being Held is great for me, yes.

>>70843252
Make a top with what we have then...
>>
>>70843257
Also, any earlier examples of slowcore that is not sad (mostly sad) but dark?
>>
>>70843182
literally every Bedhead release
>>
>>70843230
https://rateyourmusic.com/collection/ailurus/strm_h,ss.rd/slowcore
>>
File: valium aggelein.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
valium aggelein.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>70843182

is this underrated? because i didnt see it mentioned yet itt
>>
The Curtain Hits the Cast
>>
Down Colorful Hill. Duster is shit btw.
>>
>>70844874
underrated for sure, it feels like Stratosphere's big brother
>>
>>70843230
Fucking listen to Horse Jumper of Love s/t PLEASE it's the second best slowcore besides Duster
>>
>>70845915
Don't worry senpai i will check it then
>>
There isn't any slowcore album better than Stratosphere but Down Colorful Hill by Red House Painters is kinda close.
>>
contemporary movement is probably better
>>
Like a friend.... you don't want..
To see.

OLLLLLDNESSSS COMES
WITH A SMILE

TO EVERY LOVE GIVEN CHILD

fuck my bitch Mark
>>
I Could Live in Hope - Low
Down Colorful Hill - Red House Painters
s/t (rollercoaster) - Red House Painters
On Fire - Galaxie 500

Slowcore is my favorite rock subgenre. It's just so goddamn good.

>>70845068
t b h, I prefer both the debut and Long Division over The Curtain Hits the Cast. Still good though. Over the Ocean and Do You Know How To Waltz come to mind as immediate highlights. Also Mom Says.
>>
>>70843182
>better
>>
/dust/ pastebin: http://pastebin.com/qXnkmbha
>>
>>70847832
>>70848215
1975 t b h
>>
>>70847832
dont be a contrarian faggot, its a great album but stratosphere is goat
>>
>>70843182
I dont really think this is that good. Would rather listen to Low or RHP or Valium Aggelein.
>>
Any Low or RHP over duster
>>
Stratosphere is weird, I've listened to it a good amount of times but I can't remember a single song, but every time I listen to it it sounds so familiar and nice

Good album
>>
>>70845915
why it's so good?
>>
>>70850606
What do you mean by that?

I think it perfectly blends slowcore with shoegaze (which are related anyway).

It seems to have some kind of concept I can't pin down related to sex, or horses, or the 4th of July...

It builds, but rarely repeats

The album uniquely uses upstrokes on the guitar to complete riffs in an interesting way

The lyrics are excellent (I remember that shirt, I got a bunch of bleach on it; I liked it thay way too). The delivery is key.

Mixes good slowcore/gaze with ambient tracks
>>
>>70843318
I love Hearts of Palm. Always trying reccing it to friends but they never like it.
>>
File: thegoingawaypresent.jpg (25KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
thegoingawaypresent.jpg
25KB, 500x500px
If you like slowcore mixed with post-rock, this is essential.
>>
>>70852464
Dash of post hardcore too. Its a really good album
>>
>>70843182
Low is up there for sure
>>
How come whenever people mention RHP it's always DCH and Rollercoaster? Ocean Beach and Old Ramon are excellent. DCH sounds pretty dated and amateur in comparison.
>>
>>70853535
Down Colorful Hill is way sadder
>>
>>70853084
Cool defending Low and all, but Low are leagues better.

Besides Mark Kozelek, what other artist made a career out of slowcore. Granted they've all experimented in some way
>>
File: boyo.jpg (44KB, 688x663px) Image search: [Google]
boyo.jpg
44KB, 688x663px
>>70850197
>Go to listen The Curtain Hits the Cast for the first time
>First track is called Anon
>>
well im listening to it right now for the first time (this music isnt well known in south america) and it's much relaxing, it has given me the vibes for this random night
>>
File: 1452361451569.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1452361451569.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>70843182
>when the title song hits
>>
>>70855492
gotta say this, the queen of hearts is classic
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>70855051
Anoooooonn
>>
https://youtu.be/zSfNMeTnGQo

>Married
>Have kid
>Religious

Why are Low so sad
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.