[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meshuggah Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Cg5R-AgWgAQi9UI.jpg-large.jpg (61KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Cg5R-AgWgAQi9UI.jpg-large.jpg
61KB, 800x600px
ITT: Anything that has to do with the greatest thing to come out of Sweden since seatbelts.

Do we all agree that there has never been and never will be a drum track that is as unique, simple and yet almost impossibly difficult as in "Bleed"?
>>
File: 20161201_000118.jpg (2MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20161201_000118.jpg
2MB, 2576x1932px
We have almost an entire year to help them get a Grammy nomination for packaging because this was released one week after the deadline. Was this part of their master plan?
>>
I just can't get into Muh Shuggah. I appreciate their influence on 2010s metal but all of their songs LITERALLY sound the same
>>
>>70841734
I was just like you. Especially the singer sounds fucking annoying with his robot screaming voice and his monotone tone. But if you sit down and try to listen to the instruments alone or to focus on a certain point your mind will really explode. Their drummer is exceptional in mergin simple rhythms and insane time signatures in a way that just mashes your brains. It is music that you will especially learn to appreciate if you happen to play an instrument.
>>
>>70841731
Of coursh
>>
>>70841770
I mean I play guitar and like Bleed and Future Breed Machine like every other pleb because of the insane polyrhythms but the other material I've skimmed just seems to be the DUDE CHUG 000 AT WEIRD INTERVALS THEN PLAY A DISSONANT LEAD meme come to life. It's technically impressive but there has to be at least some semblance of interesting songwriting for something to be enjoyable, in my opinion at least
>>
>>70841782
So that mean you're with me on this? I kinda don't know what to do. I feel very passionately about this though. Have you ever heard of anyone we doing this? I'd imagine there's some boxers but even that's just an assumption so maybe not.
>>
>>70841809
Fucking autocorrect

Boxers = box set

Among other typos
>>
>>70841800
Amen to that but let's not forget that they pretty much invented that meme so kudos to them. On the flipside, plenty of people like to listen to music simply because it is so mind numbingly complicated rather than pleasing to the ear e.g. Zappa's Black Page sounds like a pack of monkey running over a xylophone and a drumset yet it is highly popular.
>>
>>70841809
It certainly deserves a nom, sure. However Meshuggah is not as popular as most mainstream bands so the grammy will most likely go to some Miley Cyrus hardcover with blue lipstick on or whatever. Normies are a fucking plight
>>
>>70841864
I dunno Parquet Courts got one for packaging who aren't exactly unknown but still and that packaging was fucking bullshit though the nominations are. It may sound cheesy but I can see a short film or actually even a video revolving around this. I mean come on how is is this not at least somewhat inspiring? Some kids never held a guitar in his life then after getting this album walks into a pawn shop. This thing practically writes itself.
>>
>>70841912
I think you're stretching it out a little m8. It would be like saying that TooL album with the magnifying glass caused some kid to become a detective.

There is no way a band with such humble success as Meshuggah would get the funds to build such a lore. Normies will just pick some popular or hipster Indy shit. Rock and Metal have it hard enough as it is to gain any popuöarity or recognition among all those hip hop and rap (((artists)))
>>
File: 74163.jpg (49KB, 609x609px) Image search: [Google]
74163.jpg
49KB, 609x609px
bleed is actually their worst song, and pic related is their best album
>>
File: 1484445440091.jpg (156KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1484445440091.jpg
156KB, 1200x900px
>>70842015
DELET
>>
>>70841985
>the funds to build such a lore.
but that's where we come in.

I'll stay on top of it and keep you posted.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.