[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Albums that turned out sadder than you thought that they would be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

Albums that turned out sadder than you thought that they would be
>>
This always puts me in a good mood when I'm feeling down. What are you talking about?
>>
>>70836585
Yea the melodies are happy and sound upbeat but a lot of the lyrics are about being alone and attempting to nullify that
>>
>The Mollusk
>>
>>70836585
I always saw it as a dark comedy, tragic situations told through silly lyrics and music.
>>
Why does this album makes me feel sad?
I don't get it, why?
>>
File: 1471317506793.png (343KB, 389x867px) Image search: [Google]
1471317506793.png
343KB, 389x867px
>>70836649

>That fucking since I left you video

Fuck you, I'm not crying. you're crying.
>>
>>70836568
more like albums that turned out to be worse than i thought they would be, why does /mu/ praise this goofy shit? i have never had my hopes dashed so hard after a rec on here
>>
File: uh.png (59KB, 600x719px) Image search: [Google]
uh.png
59KB, 600x719px
>>70836774
>mfw everyone talks about how uplifting and happy Since I Left You is but I just feel sad
>>
>>70836847
>Since I Left You was originally developed to be a concept album. Chater described its initial theme as a love story, "an international search for love from country to country. The idea of a guy following a girl around the world and always being one port behind".

even though they dropped the idea you can pretty much tell it's still the basis of the album
>>
File: astralweeks.jpg (135KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
astralweeks.jpg
135KB, 500x497px
>>70836568
It's that last song dude. I think that anybody can relate to the feeling of someone close drifting away and being ok with it (or just not caring at all) while you want to desperately hold on. The song is about a lover, but it can be a friend, parent, mentor, etc.

Pic related is my choice. I know this album has some sad songs ("Madame George", "Slim Slow Slider"), but now I think that every song is sad. Even "Sweet Thing" upsets me when I listen to it. "Never grow so old again" sounds like a promise to youth, but now I see it as the realization that you're an adult and you see the world for what it is and, more importantly, that you understand finality.
>>
>>70836568
ITS GONNA BE ALLLLLLLLRRIIIGGHHTTT BABBYYYY
>>
>>70836948
I still scratch my head every once in a while how he made such a nuanced album his second time out and then failed to replicate even a shadow of this over his next 30+ (even if many of them are good music anyway).
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.