[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do I go from here? I think this and The Black Saint and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: longseason.jpg (145KB, 620x617px) Image search: [Google]
longseason.jpg
145KB, 620x617px
Where do I go from here? I think this and The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady are ruining music for me.
>>
To the bidet.
>>
Gas - Pop --> Zauberberg
>>
>>70836171
Listening to this right now. Guys name is Wolfgang. who the fuck names there kid Wolfgang?
>>
>>70836313

Parents who think they're naming your kid something cool but he'll probably get bullied in school for having an edgy name

Good artist, though
>>
File: 31072-uchu-nippon-setagaya.jpg (131KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
31072-uchu-nippon-setagaya.jpg
131KB, 500x500px
>>70836101
the superior album obviously
>>
>>70836101
>I think this and The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady are ruining music for me.
Holy shit, get your head out of your ass. The epitome of someone on /daily/ and/or RYM. Long Season is ambient for bitch boys who can't handle actually complex ambient.

TBSATSL has a more complex arrangement than most jazz, yet the playing exhibited by each instrument is far less interesting than most jazz, and the arrangement ain't shit compared to the greats of classical music.

You need more patrician shit in your life

Start with Bach. All his Brandenburg Concertos, The Goldberg Variations, Violin Concertos, Mass In B Minor, Art Of Fugue, Well Tempered Clavier, and St Matthew Passion
>>
Depends on what you like about it. If it's for the long but rewarding progressions, check out minimalist artists like Steve Reich.
>>
>>70836701
>actually complex ambient
like fucking what? berlin school?
I dont give a single fuck how complex the ambient music I listen to is
>>
File: 1396768393425.png (34KB, 239x212px) Image search: [Google]
1396768393425.png
34KB, 239x212px
>>70836701
disregard opinions like these
>>
>>70836686
Long Season is better
>>70836701
Your pretentious as fuck but I've been meaning to get into classical and will start with bach
>>70836723
The progression is definitely a big part if it will check out Steve Reich what do I start with Music for 18 Musicians
>>
File: cia.jpg (46KB, 691x624px) Image search: [Google]
cia.jpg
46KB, 691x624px
>>70836701
>complex ambient
>>
>>70836806
I would honestly start with his Octet and Electric Counterpoint then do 18 Musicians. Shorter length means easier to digest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plL2VDAoThU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Np9yApXD94
>>
File: futa days.jpg (67KB, 319x319px) Image search: [Google]
futa days.jpg
67KB, 319x319px
>>70836101
>you like Fishmans and Mingus
Say no more senpai, pic related will be right up your alley
>>
>>70836313
People who aren't ameritards?
>>
>>70836885
Let me guess your a europoor?
>>
>>70836806
there really isn't a way to get into classical. i would suggest you just start with a piece or two by the greats (bach, mozart, beethoven, schubert, brahms, stravinsky, etc) and just move from there based on which ones you like the most
cover all the genres in your grand overview
>>
>>70836761
Well shit, you must LOVE Bull Of Heaven then with how they play the same chord for literally days.

>>70836763
>being this buttblasted by superior tastte

>>70836806
Go for it. Be prepared though as a lot of Bach's stuff requires thorough listens.

>>70836823
>enjoying bitch ass limited sounds rather than the constantly changing ideas of artists like Klaus Schulze, Autechre, and Stars Of The Lid
Yeah...not about stupid rockist garbage here. That view of music only limits the palettes a music listener can explore. It's why people often even have to start with weaker, more rockist takes on such forms of music even though the rockism actually limits what it can fully do.
>>
>>70836859
Thank you listening to electric counterpoint right now

>>70836863
I've already listened to this thought it was overall boring but it hands some cool parts will listen to it again
>>
>>70836936
>stars of the lid
...what?
>>
>>70836976
If you thought Future Days was boring you'd probably prefer Tago Mago which is way more experimental and raw
>>
>>70836976
just listen to some more minimalism (+John Adams, Terry Riley) and come back to Future Days
>>
>>70837051
What should i listen to from john adams?
>>
>>70837481
phrygian gates
>>
>>70836101
What do you mean? I don't see the correlation. Black Saint is 9/10 great jazz album and Long Season is 6/10 /mu/core we inflate the reputation of just because it's Japanese
>>
>>70837622
yep people just like it cause its japanese
there's nothing special about long season at all
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.