[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: e00.gif (597KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
e00.gif
597KB, 300x169px
>music suggestions are never based off how the song sounds
>but rather the fact that people who listen to an artist are typically the type to enjoy other artists as well
>this is why music suggestions are total fucking shit, because they never give you more of that delicious cake you want, but suggest shitty pies other people who ate that cake also enjoyed

Why is this allowed? It's the worst kind of music suggestion that typecast you with people with different tastes based on mutual appreciation for a specific artist. I don't want to listen to what they're listening to, I want to listen to more of what I'm listening to.
>>
>>70835676
Because each artist is unique, and there's no more of "that cake"
>>
File: 1288668877909.jpg (103KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1288668877909.jpg
103KB, 600x400px
>>70836928
>each artist is unique
Funny, all of /mu/core sounds the same. There's plenty of cake as far as mediocre indie folk / alt rock / shoegaze is concerned.
>>
>>70837068
>Funny, all of /mu/core sounds the same.
holy fuck lmao
>>
File: 1460763771268.png (315KB, 423x384px) Image search: [Google]
1460763771268.png
315KB, 423x384px
>>70837087
There's only so much you can do with downtempo, anon. Despite listening to /mu/core for years I still cannot remember what American Football or Radiohead sounds like, let alone Deathconsciousness, Coil, Aphex Twin, Swans, Pavement, Electric Wizard or Midori. It's like restaurant music, you never remember the music that drones on in the background. Even ones I like, like Burial, Disconscious, Svarte Griener or Run the Jewels, are impossible to recall without listening to them again. About the only ones I can remember without listening to them are Gorillaz and Burzum.

But you give me artists like Gas, Hirasawa, Ladytron, Black Bananas, Ratatat, Tor Lundvall or Nero's Day at Disneyland - artists that don't fit the atonal standard of /mu/core but are still patrician - and I can play them over and over in my head and instantly recall them without needing to hear them, because unlike /mu/core they actually left impressions on me.
>>
>>70837416
how the everloving fuck do you fail to differentiate between aphex twin and radiohead
>>
>>70837416
>artists mentioned
>atonal
Listen to more music, turbopleb.
>>
>>70837441
It's called autism anon. Stop being so insensitive.
>>
>>70837416
maybe you just have shitty memory
>>
>>70835676
lol sounds like you're fucking retarded m8
>>
>dumb anime avataring faggot is actually dumb
>>
>>70837416
>There's only so much you can do with downtempo
...the genre of electronic music?

>I still cannot remember what American Football or Radiohead sounds like
American Football sound like twinkly emo music and Radiohead sound like a lot of things so no wonder

>Deathconsciousness, Coil, Aphex Twin, Swans, Pavement, Electric Wizard or Midori
>Even ones I like, like Burial, Disconscious (literally who), Svarte Griener (literally who) or Run the Jewels
Anon it seems like you can only remember music that is easy to digest or the limited types of music you already enjoy.

>atonal standard of /mu/core
are you totally brain dead

in closing, listen harder, get out of your bubble, and stop using terms when you dont know what they mean because you look autistic
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIzgqDDYL1g
>>
File: 5bf9f552.jpg (249KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
5bf9f552.jpg
249KB, 800x1200px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIlEh4AMbdI
>>
>>70837416
how the fuck can you like gas and nero's day at disneyland (utter shite btw) but not like aphex twin or burial lmao
please end your life
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.