[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IT'S AN END OF AN ERA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: rs-225449-94171748_.jpg (124KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
rs-225449-94171748_.jpg
124KB, 1200x630px
Black Sabbath are no more
>>
era of trash music
>>
File: 1446024178758.jpg (24KB, 246x239px) Image search: [Google]
1446024178758.jpg
24KB, 246x239px
>>70820448
those assholes didn't even invite Bill Ward for the reunion, thus it doesn't count as one
black sabbath is no more for 30 years, what are you talking about
>Iommi plays with 3 other members of black sabbath: it's not sabbath, it's heaven & hell
>Iommi plays with 2 other members of black sabbath and a bunch of session drummers: it's 'original' black sabbath
>>
>>70820529
Actually I recon that Bill Ward and Sharon had yet another falling out. Don't blame the band blame Sharon for being such a bitch. She pisses off a lot of people. Just ask Iron Maiden.
>>
>>70820529
>>70820649
i thought he wasnt there because of his health
>>
Pretty sure 1973 was the end of that era
>>
>>70821165
same. i remember reading he has serious heart issues and wouldn't be able to withstand a tour
>>
>>70820448
i got my dad a black sabbath cd and he and his work partners thought the EP was slow and boring

>not even dads are into dadrock fyi
>>
REST IN PEACE :(
>>
>>70820448
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7HJH0IH3dc
>>
>>70821210
F
>>
>>70821210
F
>>
>>70820649
Bill hasn't been able to play in 20 years.
>>
Ozzys solo career was and is much better
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18KB, 400x266px
Black Sabbath [Warner Bros., 1970]

The worst of the counterculture on a plastic platter--drug impaired reaction times, bullshit necromancy, lengthy solos. They claim to oppose war, but if I don't believe in loving my enemies, then I don't believe in loving my allies and I've been worried that something like this was going to happen ever since I first saw a numerology column in an underground newspaper. C-

Paranoid [Warner Bros., 1970]

They do take heavy to undreamt-of extremes, and I suppose I could learn to enjoy them as camp--the title cut is certainly screamworthy. After all, their audience can't possibly take that whole Lucifer bit seriously, can they? Anyway, I always suspected that horror movies catharsized things I was too rational to care about in the first place. C-
>>
Master of Reality [Warner Bros., 1971]

As an increasingly regretful spearhead of the great Grand Funk Railroad switch three years ago, in which the critics defined Grand Funk as a good ol' white boy blues band, even though I knew of no critics, myself included, who played the records. Grand Funk are American--dull. Black Sabbath are English--dull and decadent. I don't care how many rebels and incipient groovers are buying, I don't even care if the band actually believes their own Christian/liberal/Satanist muck. This is a dimwitted, amoral exploitation. D+

We Sold Our Souls For Rock'N'Roll [Warner Bros., 1976]

By concentrating on songs (of the 17 cuts here, 11 hail from the band's first three albums) and by omitting such pro-tempo-formula-virtuoso moves like "Rat Salad", this collection makes a fitting mock-nostalgia document. Four cuts are taken from the band's fourth LP, cleverly titled "Black Sabbath Vol. 4", which I never got around to putting on back in 1972. And you know what? I'm still not sure I've heard anything on it. C+

Everything Rocks and Nothing Ever Dies [1990s]
>>
>>70822112
>>70822120
Christgau really is one hell of a clueless autist
>>
>>70821971
not true
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31VHp1TcOz4
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.