[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

51 years later there still hasnt been a better pop album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: Revolver.jpg (582KB, 1500x1493px) Image search: [Google]
Revolver.jpg
582KB, 1500x1493px
51 years later there still hasnt been a better pop album
>>
File: 936full-pet-sounds-cover.jpg (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
936full-pet-sounds-cover.jpg
1MB, 1000x1000px
*teleports behind you*

nothin' personal, kid
>>
>>70817305
God Only Knows may be the perfect pop song but damned of She Said, She Said doesn't come close.

Imo SGT Pepper is a heavyweight. No album has a better opener and closer.

The White Album has some of the best pop songs ever and Abbey Road is probably THE preeminent pop-rock record.
>>
>>70817287
>>70817305

not really, it definitely break certain conventions of pop rock but my goodness taxman and doctor robert are basically early pleb-tier material
>>
>>70819171
Literally one of the best operers ever and a song about the dentist that dosed them LSD isn't important?
>>
One of my favorite Beatles albums next to Magical Mystery Tour.

Fun fact: Did you know that when The Beatles embarked on their last tour in 1966 they didn't play ANY songs off of Revolver?
>>
File: a3590576044_16.jpg (37KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
a3590576044_16.jpg
37KB, 700x700px
Try this one...more modern of course but also a rather versitale album. No duds. 13/13
Which is more than the Beatle had.
O,and by the way....Sgt Pepper was a better album!
>>
>>70819214
im with you, doctor robert is valuable as fuck
>>
>>70820616
Never was a big fan of MMT
>>
>>70817287
Rubber Soul
>>
Emotion
>>
I Want To Tell You might be one of their worst songs
>>
The interesting thing about Magical Mystery Tour is that it was originally just an E.P. because there was a rule in the UK of generally keeping the singles separate from the albums. But in the US they just added on the Beatles singles from 1967 and voila, MMT as we know it today.

Makes you think how Revolver would be with Paperback Writer and Rain on it. Or Sgt Pepper with Strawberry Fields and Penny Lane.
>>
>>70822351
It's a double EP. Not even a "double" EP, because just like you said, only the first half is the actual EP while the second half is just the singles compilation.

MMT is really bizzare. Which makes it weirder considering it's one of their best albums and it's not even an "album".
>>
>>70822283
This guy gets it
>>
>>70819114
Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen has a better opener and closer in my opinion
>>
>>70822351
Yeah, it's too bad the US ruined the album format with their pleb ideals
>>
File: images (6).jpg (11KB, 283x178px) Image search: [Google]
images (6).jpg
11KB, 283x178px
pic related shits on it
nice try tho
>>
Literally anything by Pavement.

Or AnCo's 2000's
>>
>>70822524
Except that album is a deliberate rip-off of the Beatles, plus some trendy synths. And they both suck lol
>>
Agreed. It's near perfection.

"There's a case to be made that the Beatles went on to do Sgt. Pepper's because there was nowhere else to go but too far. With Revolver, they had mapped out the pop universe so perfectly that all they could do next was tear it up and start again."
>>
>>70822490
I respect and value your opinion
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.