[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Settling the question once and for all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

Will punk or rock ever see a return?

> inb4 another "hurr durr, will punk rock ---?" thread
> tired of all these threads beating around this question
>>
"Do you ever look at the sky and think, I'm glad I'm alive? After I heard Sum 41, I thought, I'm actually alive to hear the shittiest band of all time. Which is quite something when you think about it. Of all the bands that have gone before and all the bands that'll be in the future, I was around when the worst was around."
>>
I"m sure we'll see a short burst of it here nowt hat Trump is president.

NOFX, Bad religion, and Green day are all going to put out some lame DRUMPF IS A NAZI records but I doubt they get popular despite media shilling for it.

THe problem is that most popular music is about having fun and Punk isn't fun anymore. Girls and fag normies just want shit they can get drunk and dance / dry hump each other to at parties.
>>
>>70816610
t. Noel Gallagher
>>
>>70816585
>punk
>Sum 41
You're looking in the wrong place
>>
>>70816622
Well punk isn't popular so...
Also, the bands you listed turned into pop punk very quickly. I mean in their early days, those groups were punk, but they pandered hard.
>>
>>70816622
i thought br stayed out of politics? we all know that fat kike would NEVER miss the chance to make an anti trump album to make a quick penny.
>>
>>70816622
truth

only reason to put on music is to get turnt
>>
File: pat.jpg (90KB, 400x543px) Image search: [Google]
pat.jpg
90KB, 400x543px
Pop punks peak was in the late 2000's, by then punk was already dead, fully commodified into the music industry top 40 beast.
Punk, much like metal, was anti mainstream, but metal somehow escaped the clutches of normies and you see bands lie defheavan and liturgy and wolves in the throne room today.
What killed pop punk was emo, after 9/11 america got very emo, it all started with a band named jimmy eat world who somehow got a smash hit called the middle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV-HPOHu8mY

Which led to a decade of what is now termed pop emo or emo pop, whatever, fall out boy, my chemical romance, panic at the disco, etc.

To keep up, the old men in greenday started wearing all black and mascara, they actually did get a second wind musically with american idiot, which was a smash hit, with songs like wake me up when septembet ends.

Emo died somewhere around 2009, was replaced by indie, faggots started wearing flannel and rimless glasess, and trucker hats, then you saw lcd soundsystem, vampire weekend, mgmt, even movies started to become all "quirky" and twee, and indie, it was gross.

But greenday didnt get the meddage and were still dressing like emos and making shitty radio rock.

Meanwhile in deep underground lairs, folk and crust punk were happening, Andrew Jackson jihad, johnny hobo, pat the bunny. This was never mainstream, because by then the great niggerfication of music was happening and plebes were only lisnting to EDM or rap niggers.
But it happened and greenday should have took some time off and then came back and made a folk punk album, but they didnt, now they are old men going through a mid life crisis.

Anyways, punk is dead, stop making these thread you retard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjaksWVdld8
>>
>>70816622
>I"m sure we'll see a short burst of it here nowt hat Trump is president.

desu whatever comes forward is most likely going to be in the style of punk goes and kerrang tribute album stuff ie; not really punk or even pop punk.
>>
File: SidViciousParis1978.jpg (32KB, 456x601px) Image search: [Google]
SidViciousParis1978.jpg
32KB, 456x601px
>>70817247
punk is supposed to be transgressive, even to the liberal status quo.
This has been lost through out time.

Like the most rebellious thing you could do in this age is question and subvert the liberal mainstream.

Obama was friends with bankers and bombed brown kids too.
>>
>>70816827
>greenday should have took some time off and then came back and made a folk punk album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6bCWMdarZI

>there will never be a full album of this
>>
>>70817308
while that's true i'm not even talking about the values of the artform. literally just the musical style is what doesn't exist anymore. the construction and instrumentation of a punk song is highly formulaic from a theory perspective and there's really no one doing that kind of thing right now. any attempt at rock against trump will have to be either not punk, really forced, by complete nobodies, or by old people who used to make punk music.
>>
>>70817408
seriously, if greenday grew beards, started dressing like crust punks, and released a folk punk album it probably would have made them more mature and evolve into a band that was more than just teenage plebe shit.
>>
>>70817408
also this kalx radio show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bzkSFfnMcA

also they did some similar acoustic stuff live recently but i don't really keep up with them anymore so idk what to look for to find that
>>
File: 3ec14bfe.jpg (147KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
3ec14bfe.jpg
147KB, 500x500px
>>70816585
If punk comes back, it'll look a little like this, and I'd be completely fine with that.
>>
who cares (that isnt a 40 year old dad or some stupid faggot)
>>
>>70817456
i wish more punk bands structured their songs along the lines of strung out, they have the typical power chord shit but a lot of hammer on pull off notes and a lot of metal influence in their newest album. when that came out i didn't stop listening to black maps and modern drugs for a month
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.