[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Influence of The Beach Boys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: briwi.jpg (67KB, 728x800px) Image search: [Google]
briwi.jpg
67KB, 728x800px
https://thetenthmanblog.wordpress.com/2015/11/08/a-brief-history-of-lo-fidelity-music-how-the-beach-boys-influenced-a-generation-of-indie-musicians/

Discuss.
>>
>>70811076
those indie musicians are all shit though. indie is the most pussy genre in music history
>>
>>70811076
indie is the genre with the least substance
>>
Eh the article is basically "The Beach Boys had a few unpopular underproduced albums therefore Death Grips"
>>
>REM had also released Murmur, Reckoning and Fables of Reconstruction, staples in the creation of the new alternative rock movement. Their naive lyrics, carefully orchestrated instrumentation and even the group’s equality in songwriting all drew huge inspiration from none other than the Beach Boys.

what does this even mean
>>
>>70811076
nick rochefort?
>>
>>70811119
>this music is all shit because of a label applied to it and a stereotype associate with the people who listen to it
>>
the availability of cheap ways to record music was what made indie flourish, not fucking wild honey. i feel like people keep trying to make the beach boys seem more influential than they really were, as if they actually needed validation. look, i love the beach boys but you don't have to say that we should be thankful that they are the cause for fucking pavement and death grips.
>>
the beach boys were the reason i was born

they were also the reason my parents got divorced

i miss my dad
>>
>>70811334
yeah i agree, i think its cool the influence they had on the formation of Elephant 6 tho
>>
>>70811334
>the availability of cheap ways to record music was what made indie flourish, not fucking wild honey.

trust funds and payola type hype blogs helped, too
>>
>>70811395
:(
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.