[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were the Rolling Stones a better band with Brian Jones?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Were the Rolling Stones a better band with Brian Jones?
>>
>>70808640
Mick Taylor >>>
>>
taylor years > jones years >>> wood years
>>
>Bill Wyman said of Jones, "He formed the band. He chose the members. He named the band. He chose the music we played. He got us gigs. ... he was very influential, very important, and then slowly lost it – highly intelligent – and just kind of wasted it and blew it all away."

what went wrong?
>>
>>70809402
Mick and Keith had him murdered.
>>
The Stones were better in the Aftermath era when they were a nifty little Mod group instead of the bloated stadium dadrock they became in the 70s.
>>
File: 1474417687329.gif (1MB, 200x149px) Image search: [Google]
1474417687329.gif
1MB, 200x149px
>>70809431

is there an actual conspiracy theory about this?
>>
>>70809402
Drugs. It's really as simple as that.
>>
File: BrianJones2.jpg (55KB, 584x1024px) Image search: [Google]
BrianJones2.jpg
55KB, 584x1024px
>>70808640
It must be weird for them to think about Brian. Considering he died so fucking long ago and all the success and recognition they have gone on to see. I've read some interviews where they don't really seem to be too bothered about it, mainly because Brian kind of ruined himself.
>>
>>70809800

I dont think anyone would dispute this
>>
>>70810529
Come on now.
>>
Brian Jones era: Most creative and artistically adventureous era

Mick Taylor era: Most talented era (Mick really added something to Sticky Fingers, everybody were peaking their habilities in their instruments after all those hard gigging 60s years , even if Keith was coked to death)

Woods era: The "please just stop guys" era. Some songs are good though (Beast of Burden and Little T&A, for example)
>>
>>70809402
Same thing that happened to every great rockstar of the 60's.
>>
>>70808640
yes
>>70809800
agree

beggar's banquet is my fav album tho
>>
>>70809800
they may have gotten too bloated, but I don't think many can deny that Exile on Main Street is one of the best records they put out.

it has that unhinged, deranged, druggy atmosphere that was missing in the 60s, and only had a glimmer of it on Beggars Banquet.
>>
>>70811324

>Brian Jones era: Most creative and artistically adventureous era

Yeah

Satanic was a really good album, surprised it rarely gets talked about in Stones discussions. I guess because it was out of the norm for them.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.