[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discuss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 81eVnOh4UJL._SL1300_.jpg (311KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
81eVnOh4UJL._SL1300_.jpg
311KB, 1300x1300px
Discuss
>>
A nearly perfect album. It's fantastic but it's not Bowie's best like some people claim it is.
>>
>>70807914
Hunky Dory is slightly better but it's still great
>>
It says Kanye West on the sign above bowie
>>
Five years is the best album opener in Bowie's discography.

It's no game part 1 is close too
>>
>>70807914
is good
>>
File: Hunky Dory.jpg (301KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Hunky Dory.jpg
301KB, 1300x1300px
>>70808492
But that's wrong

>Hunky Dory
>>
>>70808492
>Five Years
>Better than Changes
>Better than Speed of Life
>Better than Station to Station

Its a great song, but its not his best opener.
>>
>>70807914
Such a great story and concept, but executed too poppy and cute for my liking.
>>
>>70809359
WE'VE GOT FIVE YEARS

FFFIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVVEEEE YYYYEEEEEAAAARRRRRRSSSSSSSS

>begins coughing up blood into microphone.

Lady stardust and rock n roll suicide are depressing as fuck

starman is kind of happy and upbeat but within the deeper meaning it is really sorrowful.

Soul love hurts to listen to because, well you know.

I mean Star gets really sad by the end

SO the only happy one is hang onto yourself.

I mean FUCK
>>
>>70809441
Why are you so mad? I'm a fan of Bowie, but I don't like his pop rock albums. Not a hard concept to grasp I think.
>>
>>70809624
It's not poppy and cute though.
>>
Good furniture music
>>
>>70809675
I mean, lyrically it clearly isn't. But it's sung poppy. And that's what my gripe with this album is. You have such a great story and an original concept, but the end result sounds cute, which is what I object to. I really wish that this album was sung in the way Heroes and The Man Who Sold The World were.
>>
>>70809766
I think the point was to make it seem as cheerful as possible while keeping all of the darkness underneath. Kind of like what happened with Hunky Dory except more so, I mean Life on Mars was obviously a shattered love song but starman could be more questionable.

The man who sold the world was amazingly strained and felt like it was sung by an (absolute madman) and Heroes was powerful.

I don't know, I guess you have a point but it really doesn't bring down the album or any of the songs for me.
>>
>>70809766
>>70809853
Also, I'd like to objectify to at least Lady Stardust and Five Years, they sound incredibly sorrowful and horrid for the most part, especially lady stardust if you look at some varied recordings.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.