[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

40 years old today What're /mu/'s thoughts on Rumours?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: FMacRumours.png (83KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
FMacRumours.png
83KB, 300x300px
40 years old today

What're /mu/'s thoughts on Rumours?
>>
Love listening to Stevie

https://youtu.be/mrZRURcb1cM
>>
>>70800085
my grandfather got drunk once and drove off to california to get married to stevie nicks, little did he know that you can't just marry random celebrities
>>
>>70800085
Great, fun album.
The Chain is my favorite song on it.
That finale is fucking amazing.
>>
>>70800085
It's an utterly phenomenal album that hasn't stopped getting better. God-tier lyrical content, god-tier instrumentation, and production that would make Steely Dan jealous.

It's also a fascinating rebuke of the 60's and 70's notion of free love and happiness, as the album is basically a bunch of folks hippies from Cali writing about how free love did nothing but destroy their relationships, pulling them away from the ones they wanted to be with, and left them feeling broken and alone.

You Make Loving Fun is quietly the best track on it as well. It's a seemingly forgettable happy and upbeat song, another superfluous 70s soft rock hit, until you realize it's about Christine McVie cheating on John and you hear the ominous-sounding key shifted guitar solo and realize that all along the song is actually a warning about giving in to the momentary pleasures of hedonism and how it will only end up destroying you slowly from within.
>>
>>70800253
this so hard

rumours is one of those albums from artists i wish more people from my place knew about
>>
>>70800253
The Chain singlehandedly got me into Fleetwood Mac nearly 20 years ago when they were the elite of passe classic rock. Any band, I thought, that could throw something that amazing together deserved further listening.
>>
>>70800317
*The epitome

Fucking android
>>
>>70800085
Le dangling balls
>>
Great album, though I prefer their self-titled. One of those rare albums that can be appreciated by everyone.
>>
>>70800285
>>
It's also a fascinating rebuke of the 60's and 70's notion of free love and happiness, as the album is basically a bunch of folks hippies from Cali writing about how free love did nothing but destroy their relationships, pulling them away from the ones they wanted to be with, and left them feeling broken and alone.

Thank you for writing this
>>
>>70800343
>>70800317
see, i didn't grow up in the time period where soft rock was as much of a boogeyman as, idk, nu metal is now and i've never seen any irreverence towards this on /mu/ or elsewhere which is actually weird to me because there's nothing that doesn't get shit here

come on /b/, do your worst
>>
>>70800285
great post.
>>
One of the very few albums where every single song is brilliant. An all time classic, has aged really well I think.
>>
greatest pop album ever made
>>
>tfw Peter Green won't ever get back to his prime
>>
File: Music Waifu.png (826KB, 806x805px) Image search: [Google]
Music Waifu.png
826KB, 806x805px
Certainly the greatest album on the topics of love and heart break. Stunning both lyrically and instrumentally. My go to album when it comes to female company. Every single song has its place and causes the album to have fantastic pacing. Time flies by when you listen to it. Plus it has Stevie Nicks, who is the best female vocalist ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMp57bUzOB8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpjMjLIp1Xk
>>
>>70800085
Dudes proved that you don't need to be jazzy and obtuse to make great soft rock. Still one of the most tasteful albums ever, has a vibe comparable to Bob Marley's contemporaneous stuff more than to any other soft rock group.
>>
There wasn't a woman alive in the US under the age of 30 in 1978 that didn't want to be Stevie Nick and every guy wanted to nail her.
>>
>>70800285
I agree with all of this except You Make Loving Fun being the best track. It's not even top 5. Gold Dust Woman, The Chain, Dreams, Go Your Own Way and Songbird are all better.
>>
>>70800085
nu-male shit, you fags only like this band because fleetwood on that album cover looks like how you wish you did
>>
>>70802605
I'm a proud nu-male. God bless you
>>
>>70802605
t. edgelord
>>
File: 1485890357972.png (611KB, 599x595px) Image search: [Google]
1485890357972.png
611KB, 599x595px
>>70802707
t. butthurt nu-male
>>
>>70802736
it's conservative propaganda
>>
Absolutely beautiful album
I'm listening to it right now
>>
>>70802605
>you fags only like this band because fleetwood on that album cover looks like how you wish you did

you keep typing this as if it not only makes sense but is also a sick burn
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.