[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are /mu/'s thoughts on The Killers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (718KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
718KB, 600x600px
What are /mu/'s thoughts on The Killers?
>>
Basically the equivalent of the monkees to Green Day and Blink 182.
>>
They were really fucking huge in the early 2000's.
Mister bright side was a monster.
I think sams town in underrated even though people think its when they went to shit.
Used to be that band on your girlfriends ipod.
I got soul but im not a soldier.

Became boring Mormons and sort of fell off the map.

With the right song maybe they could come back.

Like those faggots train.
>>
>>70795971
I like them. Sam's Town was one of the first full albums I ever listened to back in the day and pretty much what first got me listening to more music so I'm sure nostalgia plays into me still liking it, but I also think it's a solid album regardless. This River Is Wild is still a great song every time it comes on.
>>
>>70795971
Got incredibly sick of that one song and never gave them a chance. I think my sister had one of their CDs.
>>
Hot Fuss was a strong album but not a fan of anything they've done since.
>>
>>70795981
I agree they're way better than both
>>
I mean, critics trashed sams town, but i remember being a kid and buying it on cd at a store, back when people still sort of did that thing.
I liked it, i listened to it all the time, never got the overhate for it.

I predict it will be their pinkerton and suddenly faggot hipster critics will pretend like they actually liked it in the future
>>
>>70795971
for a mainstream rock band they're pretty great
>>
>>70795971
one of the best, I could name like 20 songs by them that I love

Brandon Flower's solo stuff was pretty shit however
>>
>>70795971
They just took what A Flock of Seagulls did, and doing it barely different and got lucky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqMoPCLmVmE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIZdjT1472Y
>>
File: 1847-7-e1299455108821.jpg (40KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1847-7-e1299455108821.jpg
40KB, 600x400px
Their collaboration with Lou Reed was ok
>>
Those two Hot Fuss singles were great compositions. Enjoyed them at the time on the radio and TV, before iPod and downloading and streaming, etc.

I saw them perform on SNL or a late night talk show once and, however, and Brandon Flowers' vocals were absolutely horrendous. His pitch was all over the place.
>>
Nostalgic and great.
>>
>>70795971
Flowers live vocals suck.
He should be a vacuum cleaner salesman, you know the type, so fucking annoying that you buy the thing just to get them out of your flat..
>>
Some of their songs have really great chord voicings and progressions. The guitar dude is clearly a talented dude. Flowers has a great voice. Their first two albums are fantastic. Definitely the best 00's indie/stadium rock hybrid of the era. Shame all their other albums are garbage and they seem to be keen on keeping that trend going on.
>>
File: cover.jpg (105KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
105KB, 600x600px
I still like pic related. Probably one of the better albums to emerge out of 00s indie-rock.
>>
I love Hot Fuss and Sam's town was a good follow up. I feel like after that though they wanted to be Springsteen 2.0 and kind of lost what made me like their first albums
>>
COMING OUTTA MA CAGE
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.