[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on this album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 254.jpg (50KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
254.jpg
50KB, 500x500px
What are your thoughts on this album?
>>
One of the greatest albums of all time.
>>
>>70794200
good album
>>
It's good bc it is imo
>>
One of my favs of all time
>>
>>70794200
The epitome of all Black Metal ever recorded in one album/production. It is probably the best among all of them. Blackies try to say it's babies first black metal just to be contrarians.

Just read the history behind all the people who were involved in writing it. It's the magnum opus of the entire scene.
>>
>>70794325
>It's the magnum opus of the entire scene.
this, black metal is probably my favorite genre as a whole and if I were to recommend someone only one black metal album this would be the one
>>
fantastic live video

https://youtu.be/f6C0vxAvJsA
>>
Fantastic riffs, fantastic production, really average vocals.
I like Atilla in general, he's a fantastic vocalist, but he wasn't that great on this album.
I think if Dead performed on it, or if Atilla had the skills he has now, it would undeniably be the greatest BM album ever, rather than just being "up there"
>>
>>70794692
Attila*

I made the same mistake for a long time.
>>
>>70794200
What in the absolute FUCK is this? I just listened to the first "song" and it's literally a bunch of noise. It's not even different noises. It's like the same thing repeating for three minutes. I don't understand how people can enjoy this. If the whole album is like this, I don't want any part of it. This is not a "classic" album. This is fucking noise.
>>
>>70795175
.5/10 bait to be honest
>>
>>70794325
This, back when black metal artist actually wrote riffs and put thought into arrangements
>>
File: vargeuro.jpg (56KB, 500x648px) Image search: [Google]
vargeuro.jpg
56KB, 500x648px
Truly defines what black metal is, both in aesthetic as well as musically. The evilness behind it is unlike any other album. How many bands have created an album where the lyrics were written by a man who killed himself as well as where the guitarist was murdered by the bassist.
>>
>>70794692
This. The album is great but the vocals just don't really do it for me. Dead's vocal approach would have been perfect
>>
>>70794200
Shitty Throat Singing album
>>
>>70794200
The ominous sound it has is almost unparalleled. One of my favorite black metal albums of all time, love it.
>>
>>70796219
Bathory's The Return did it first, but this one improved on it considerably.
>>
>>70794200
It's okay, not the best black metal out though, pretty entry level...

I had a metal phase in highschool & this was one of the albums that got me into black metal. By the end of my phase, I was strictly into bm & was pretty beyond this album at that point before I got over it all.
>>
>>70796761 here

>>70794325
agree with the production being nice, but "epitome" or magnum opus of bm is a joke...

>blackies try to say its babies first bm
because it is, actually, and the reason being is because of how accessible it is as opposed to raw bm that defines the genre much more than this.

>>70794369
same goes for here, the reason you would rec this one is because of it's accessibility, the average person could listen to this & enjoy it if they were into any rock genres at all.

>>70794692
another reason why it's not the best, attila is a shit compared to dead

>>70795243
haha

>>70796219
doesn't define bm in aesthetic very strongly imo, i'd look to burzum for that if you want the classic bm aesthetic.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.