[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone heard the new Depeche Mode single? Why is it so bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

Anyone heard the new Depeche Mode single? Why is it so bad?
>>
It's like the polar opposite of catchy
>>
Where is the revolution indeed. kek.
>>
>>70778126
Better than Heaven.
The chorus is catchy.
The last bridge is the best part.
Needed more polyphony and variations on the choruses, like a guitar line one half note higher than the vocal line on the last couple of times. Also probably needed to rework the last bridge part into the final chorus part to properly build up the finish.
Other bridges sound very much like Corrupt though. At least thats one of the better songs from SOTU they took from.
>>
>>70778126
Well, I liked it. Nice and catchy.
>>
>>70778126

Sounds decent to me. It doesn't need to be a catchy 80s hit, it's more of a slow and dark song.
>>
>>70778126
It's not bad. But it's not a career highlight either. Wrong is their best single since 1997.
>>
>>70778126
Repetitive, preachy and lacks true dynamics in singing, but most of all: Political. If you weren't sick of artists coming out of the politics closet during the election, bet you will be selling off your record collection by the end of 2017.
>>
How in the world can anyone say that was good? This is Depeche Mode.
>>
>>70778126

It's been on repeat for most of the day. I'm liking it a lot. Mostly I'm happy to hear the production isn't as compact as the previous couple of albums. There's room in there to pick up on little quirky details which is something they haven't done for a while now with the massive onslaught of analogue, vintage stuff. I have hight hopes for the album and my golden circle tickets for the tour premiere are already in hand.
>>
>>70779847
What.
DM has always done political songs.
They had a song about deforestation and global warming in fucking like 1985 or something.
Everything Counts is about corporate greed.
Come on dude. At least pretend you know what you're talking about
>>
>>70779370
>Wrong
>not Precious or Freelove
What the hell dude
>>
>>70779928
>This is Depeche Mode.
And?
>>
>>70780040
1983 actually. This isn't a new topic for DM.
>>
>>70780040
This.
>>
>tfw deluxe edition will probably habe one of best songs on album again
That happens all the time
https://youtu.be/ShRtUToOYl4
>>
>>70780257

Well, at least there's SOMETHING. I miss the days of awesome b-sides. Some of their best work have consistently ended up on the flip side of a single. Seeing as the b-sides have dried up considerably over the years I'm happy they do the bonus disc thingy.

But yeah - quite a lot of "discarded" tracks should have made the cut and been on their respective albums.
>>
>>70780053
single version of Freelove is utter shit, album version is the only good version
>>
>>70780387
I agree. I love their b-sides, like nothing's impossible demo is one of my favourites.
This whole album came as surprise and Im glad they have been working hard.

https://open.spotify.com/track/46mH95iDCRH136TjeZkPBd
>>
>>70780592

I'm itching for the sampler they've supposedly recorded live in the studio for this album. Apparently they do a cover of Bowie's "Heroes" and I soo want to hear it.

I think my favorite tracks from Delta Machine were the studio session of "Broken" (I immediately go gay for Daves voice on that track) and the radio edit of "Should Be Higher".
>>
>>70780257
Yeah, I don't know why they put tracks like The Child Inside on the regular album and put better songs like HATT on the bonus disc.

By the way, the Spirit Deluxe will have 5 remixes by DM this time. But the physical single might still have a b-side.
>>
>>70780821

I read somewhere that "Where's The Revolution" will be digital only. I'm hoping that's just bullshit, though. How else am I going to buy every conceivable version of the single and stick them on a shelf and never look at them again?!! I needs my physical releases, dag nabbit!
>>
It sounds like what theyve been doing for the past 10+ years. Dont get me wrong, i loved their past 3 albums but they all sounded too similar. Id like for them to experiment a bit more.
>>
>>70780890
Lol I know the feeling.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.