[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CASSETTE GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: images-1.jpg (4KB, 142x90px)
images-1.jpg
4KB, 142x90px
Post recent pick ups, labels, collections!
>>
Stabscotch tape

wtf am I supposed to do with this thing seriously
>>
I recently noticed that audio cassettes of new albums are still on sale. Who on earth buys them? The prices were very high.
>>
>>70775657
I only did it because it was just a few more bucks than the digital so I figured why not and now I even have another cassette on the way. 2017 wtf r u doing to me. I have not bought one single cd compared to last years about 150 and now I have 2 tapes. Literally why
>>
>>70775657
Fuck mainstream artists who charge like $12 for a tape. I buy tapes from small artists who don't have vinyl for sale.
>>
>>70775717
What'd you buy senpai
>>
>>70775657
They're around €5 most of the time.
>>
>>70775741
https://visualdisturbances.bandcamp.com/album/uncanny-valley
came with a bag of tea...

https://burialspdx.bandcamp.com/
coming with free cd previous album
>>
>>70775657
Anyone charging more than $5 for a tape that isn't special or in a limited run is taking you for a ride man. The whole point of tapes is to be the cheapest physical format to produce with the most customization. $5 is enough to cover overhead with a decent share for both artist and label, so any more than that is just greed.
>>
I missed winding them with pencils.
>>
File: IMG_0708.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0708.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Part of my collection
>>
>>70775833
I think the perfect price is $6 if the tape is professionally made. I run a record label and do runs of 50 tapes and after cost of production and bandcamp/PayPal fees you don't even break even til 6. If it's homemade you can go cheaper tho for sure
>>
File: IMG_0402.jpg (241KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0402.jpg
241KB, 1200x1200px
https://kingazaz.bandcamp.com
>>
Why would you buy tapes instead of just recording them yourself? Apart from supporting the artist.
>>
>>70775892
Yeah I've released a lot of tapes going through PayPal's hoops and $5 got me plenty of money, more than I needed really. But the label was working purely clandestine, laser printing labels and such.

But even if you get fancy with glossy inserts and whatever, you'd never need to charge something outrageous like $10 for a single tape, defeats the entire point. I've negotiated with a few labels that tried to pawn off 15/85 cuts on $8-9 per tape with sketchy payment schedules. The labels running cheaper tapes are usually much better about dealing with shipping issues too, purely on the virtue of not doing it just to cash in a trend.
>>
$5 or $6 sound appropriate. I saw them at $16 - $20.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.