[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /mu/ feel about Marvins best album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: gaye.jpg (35KB, 355x351px) Image search: [Google]
gaye.jpg
35KB, 355x351px
How does /mu/ feel about Marvins best album?
>>
I feel like OP needs to kill themselves
>>
Masterpiece. What else is there to say? Only black 70s album I would put near it is Superfly.
>>
I fucking love it so much. It's highly rated on /mu/, but it's still underrated here. It makes most "Top 30 albums of all time" lists, but it's still underrated.

The chord changes are consistently interesting. The melodies are jazzy, soulful, and emotive all at the same time. It really transports you to another time and place and does a great job of making you feel the quiet desperation, fear, and hope of the singer.

And it's a fucking concept album! A soul concept album! With improvised instrumental sections!

And it's surprisingly tight. It only meanders once or twice toward the end of side 2.

Such a good album. It never gets old.
>>
Love this album, I found it on CD at a store the other day, I had to grab it. Going back for vinyl later.
>>
>>70768911
Love it

>>70769092
You're just jealous because OP got dubs upon starting this thread and you didn't!
>>
OH MERCY MERCY ME
THINGS AINT WHAT THEY USED TO BE AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
>>
Truly the black Sgt. Pepper. It's a shame this stuff isn't celebrated as much as the cock-rock-shlock people get into when they first discover music. Black music from the 60s and 70s is unbelievably good and original but oh so slept on.
>>
>>70770702

Tfw when you spot the beginning of "Sitting on a dock of the bay" at the beginning of Nine's "Whutcha Want"

Dope isn't the word for it.
>>
>>70770322
I just got it on vinyl today, I forget about how good this album was
>>
whats going OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.