[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ think of Motley Crue?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

What does /mu/ think of Motley Crue?
>>
If you're a 46 year old Mom, you probably love them.
>>
>>70766510
a lot of really catchy songs, nice bluesy riffs, good vocals, kick ass live

but they have too much bland filler on their albums

nikki is best boy
>>
B A N G E R S
>>
>>70766540
Your mommy issues are showing.

>>70766510
They're decent party rock.
>>
Live Wire is a nice pastiche Motorhead track. Other than that, they're pretty meh.
>>
>tfw going round the Rip Ride Rockit coaster listening to 'Kickstart My Heart'
>>
Dudes look like a bunch of ladies and their music SUCKS!
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18KB, 400x266px
Shout at the Devil [Elektra, 1984]

It's hardly news that this platinum product is utter dogshit even by heavy metal standards; under direct orders from editors who don't know Iron Maiden from Wynton Marsalis, my beleaguered colleagues on the dailies have been saying so all year, and every insult goes into the press kit. Still, I must mention Mick Mars's dork-fingered guitar before getting to the one truly remarkable thing about this record: a track called "Ten Seconds To Love" in which Vince Neil actually seems to boast about how fast he can ejaculate (or as the lyric sheet puts it, "cum"). And therein, I believe, lies the secret of their commercial appeal--if you don't got it, flaunt it. Follow-up: "Pinkie Prick." D

Decade of Decadence '81-'92 [Elektra, 1991] :(
>>
fucking suck live
>>
Too Fast For Love is a genuinely good album desu
>>
>>70767094
Christgau hates fun confirmed.
>>
>>70767148
My cousin saw them in '84 with Ozzy, AC/DC, Motorhead, and a couple of others and he said they were ass.
>>
>>70767198
He's a nu male that hates any music that reminds him that he was an awkward nerd who couldn't get a date in high school.
>>
>>70767210
well at least ozz and acdc were there those are two of the best live bands
>>
Nikki Sixx is such a 2sensitive4u emo fruitcake tool in interviews.
>>
>>70766818
The production on Live Wire has dated a lot worse than Motorhead's shit, which is pretty timeless.
>>
>>70766566
>nice bluesy riffs

Mick Mars also for some reason gets lumped in with all the bad hair metal shredders even though he's not a shredder at all.
>>
Shit band only liked by middle aged white trash women and 12 year olds who just discovered classic rock.
>>
File: Too_Fast.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Too_Fast.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
>>70766510
Too Fast For Love is unironically one of the best rock albums of the 1980s, and by far the best album by a "glam/hair metal" band. It's a fusion of punk rock, glam rock, pop, and heavy metal with really emotional lyrics. The albums makes them seem like more of a precursor to bands like AFI instead of the hair metal trash that ended up dominating the rock scene for the rest of the decade.

The follow up Shout at the Devil also has a few gems on it, but ultimately doesnt live up to their debut and original vision. Every subsequent album is garbage. Literal checks for heroin, cocaine, and alcohol.
>>
ITS THE SAME OLD

SAME OLD SITUATION
>>
My mom's boyfriend, Kenny, loves Motley Crue, Kid Rock, and other cool music like that.
>>
>>70768156
>cuck detected

Your mom's bf is cooler than you.
>>
>>70768172
I know he is. He lives in a gutted out trailer he inherited from his dead grandmother and doesn't have a valid driver's license because of too many DUIs.

He's also got a freaking awesome life-sized Kid Rock cardboard cutout
>>
>>70767198
Not sure what his opinion on Zappa is, because that's where fun really is. It's not like it really matters, because he gave A's to both Nicki Minaj and Soulja Boy.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.