[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know nothing about pink floyd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: A-45467-1405593302-8633.jpeg.jpg (11KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
A-45467-1405593302-8633.jpeg.jpg
11KB, 300x199px
I've listened to the singles on the radio but decided to avoid them when I was a $up3r b4da$$ teen because their merch was for sale at wal-mart but I've recently decided to stop being a dumbass so
where should I start?
>>
>>70750080
listen to the albums in order of release
>>
>>70750095
this is always a good idea. if you don't like it though, start with meddle.
>>
>>70750095
this. The evololution of pink Floyd is beautiful, it only makes sense in order.
>>
Alright, I'm grabbing the studio discography, are there any EPs that I need to get as well?
>>
>>70750207
no eps, but get the relics compilation
>>
>>70750095
Can only agree with this. Start to finish, it's worth it.
>>
>>70750095
>>70750217
these
>>
people may say ummagumma is one of the worst albums (see: any list online ever) but its honestly one of their better ones
>>
>>70750080
Forgot to mention, if you end up liking PF, watch Live in Pompeii and The Wall. Very good shit.

Live in Pompeii gets into the art and ideas behind their music. And if you can't into it, The Wall might be a bit more appealing as it's a movie, unlike Pompeii where it's more like a documentary with musical acts in between.
>>
>>70751856
>watch Live in Pompeii and The Wall
this is good advice

there's also a lot of unreleased music you should look into if you find you like the band, like The Embryo, an amazing song that was never officially released
>>
DO NOT SKIP ANIMALS.
>>
>>70752010
this this this

There are some sweet bootlegs and singles out there you won't find on the album.

>>70752276
And this. Def this.
>>
>>70752276
As someone who isn't really that into Animals, why would anyone skip it? It's at least worth listening to
>>
>>70752010
this 100% The Man/ The Journey, Mooed Music. very good bootlegs.
>>
>>70750095
first post best post
>>
>>70752322
>>70752276
It's not that great,
>>
>>70750080
As the others said, order of release. Even if you just want to listen to the main pink floyd stuff, the earlier stuff gives context to the later stuff and makes it that much better.

Here's some context though: Their first album is when they were led by Syd Barrett. He went crazy, got burnt out and left the band, so the next few albums are them kind of getting used to not having him as a leader. Not to imply that those albums are bad or anything.

Also you can skip the album More if you want. It's a soundtrack to a movie. It's good but I wouldn't consider it a super important part of their discography. Go back to it later definitely, but while you're going through their discography for the first time I don't think you need to spend time on that one.
>>
>>70750080

https://open.spotify.com/album/4LH4d3cOWNNsVw41Gqt2kv

Here OP, enjoy :)
>>
File: 3cyBUCe.png (2MB, 3507x2480px) Image search: [Google]
3cyBUCe.png
2MB, 3507x2480px
>inb4 reddit
>>
>>70750080
dark side of the moon
wish you were here
animals
the wall
>>
>>70750095
And every band ever for that matter. fpbp.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.