[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: led zeppelin.jpg (84KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
led zeppelin.jpg
84KB, 630x420px
that Led Zeppelin stole from Black/African American music?
>>
People over-exaggerate it and pretend it wasn't common in blues music before LZ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swhEa8vuP6U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WVvizpjJK4
>>
I mean, kind of but they did make it far harder and cooler. Sabbath was the right way to go, furthering from blues
>>
A couple individual songs, but they made them their own.

It's exaggerated and Led Zeppelin were pioneers of rock, particularly hard rock.
>>
>>70749399
To say they stole from Black/African American "music" doesn't make them special in that regard, but they did essentially cover/rework specific blues pieces and claim their own authorship. They even lifted lyrics and riffs from their contemporaries. I don't hold that against them as much since their versions were so good.
>>
Bob Dylan stole more and did less with it.
>>
>>70749399
All 60s/70s rock stole from the Blues

Led Zeppelin still are my favorite band
>>
>>70749399
Guess so.

A lot of cunts stole a lot of shit from the blues 2bh.

I suppose if you're actually black it might bother you, cultural appropriation yadda yadda, but I like Led Zeppelin's music and dig the original shit that influenced them too, so yeah.
>>
>>70749399
Literally every other Rock band did, the controversy with Led Zeppelin is that they didn't give royalties in a couple songs they covered

But of course 13 year olds will keep repeating things they're ignorant about
>>
Basically everything in this thread. Do your homework if you really wanna know more about the times they had to go to court and shit, OP.

/thread
>>
File: 1483867467324.png (380KB, 826x958px)
1483867467324.png
380KB, 826x958px
>Led zeppelin modificate some old blues songs
"OMG RACIST THEY STEAL WTF DONT SUPPORT THOSE WHITE PEOPLE"

>some neegros copy and paste the best parts of funk songs and talk funny over it (rap)
"WOW Really speak to my heart wow genius :) XD"
>>
>>70750565

The concept of stealing didn't exist in old-time blues either. There were a bunch of standards and traditionals that kept getting revised and reworked.
>>
>>70750472
Hell yeah right there with you buddy. It's not stealing if you change it and make it better, its pre-remixing it lol
>>
Covering one another's songs was the norm back then. You might see it as exploitative because Black musicians didn't have as much appeal to a white audience, but I doubt any of the greats back then went in with that intention.

>>70751517
>>>/pol/
>>
>>70749399
Everyone steals from everyone and always have.

The idea that any element of music or culture is created in a vacuum is pretty laughable.

But ya'know, PC culture isn't really about the truth.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.