[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Obla-di, obla-da, life goes oooon, brah

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: mccartney.jpg (22KB, 248x300px) Image search: [Google]
mccartney.jpg
22KB, 248x300px
>Obla-di, obla-da, life goes oooon, brah
>>
>>70739342
how did he get away with this and so many others
>>
What's his worst song?

I'd say Maxwell's Silver Hammer. It's the epitome of all his worst tendencies.
>>
>>70739665
please fuck off and listen to more of johns shitty blues songs
>>
This is the second best song on the White Album, besides Revolution 9.
>>
>>70739342
People who complain about Paul's "Granny songs" take themselves and everything else too seriously
>>
>>70739732
Lmao
Get some taste
Kiddo
>>
>>70739676
You mean the artistically honest songs?

FACT: McCartney never killed anyone with a hammer, nor knew anyone who did.
>>
>>70739665
There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with that song.

>>70739798
This. Most of his "granny songs" are decent at the minimum. Except When I'm Sixty-Four. That song truly is appalling.
>>
>>70739885
Maxwell killed people with a hammer you fucking retarded inbred nimrod.
>>
File: tumblr_mm1h0j5wvl1r7bg6wo3_400.jpg (30KB, 350x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mm1h0j5wvl1r7bg6wo3_400.jpg
30KB, 350x400px
Friendly reminder that 100% of the songs Ringo has written for the Beatles are GOAT, while John, Paul and George all wrote shit at some point
>>
>>70739942
[citation needed]
>>
>>70739966
>I'd like to be in an octopuses garden
It'd fucking kill him
>>
what are the worst songs written by each Beatle?
>>
>>70740012
>You Like Me Too Much
>When I Get Home
>Don't Pass Me By
>What You're Doing
>>
>>70740049
>What You're Doing
holy kek
>>
>>70739665
"if brian wilson wrote it it'd be considered a masterpiece"
>>
>>70740012
unpopular opinion coming through
>I Am the Walrus
>Lovely Rita
>Think For Yourself
>Octopus' Garden
>>
>>70740095
well no because it's not just the breeziness of his granny songs that make them suck, it's their aggressive britishness, that queen elizabeff sound that they have.

Brain has written many 'light' songs like that, but they're compositionally and sonically interesting.
>>
>>70740166
Three of those are great you dummy
>>70740094
It's pretty much the worst of what he wrote in that band, excluding made-up bullshit like Why Don't We Do It In The Road or whatever.
>>70740169
>If I can't relate to it perosnally, it's shit
>>
>>70740350
It's clearly a standout on Beatles for Sale. Mother Nature's Son is excruciating in comparison, Macca has done much worse than What You're Doing.
>>
>>70740049
>When you realize that Don't Pass me by is still better than 50% of the Beatles songs
>>
>>70740169
>it's their aggressive britishness
what do you think of the kinks

>>70740350
>Three of those are great
i should probably replace lovely rita with why don't we do it in the road
forgot that was a paul song
>>
>>70740365
>It's clearly a standout on Beatles for Sale
I guess you must have missed No reply, I'm a Loser, Baby's In Black, I'll Follow The Sun, Eight days a Week, etc
>Mother Nature's Son is excruciating in comparison
The acoustic playing is delicate and intricate, and the atmosphere of the song is gentle and warming.
>>70740386
>i should probably replace lovely rita with why don't we do it in the road
Fair enough. I feel like he was intentionally bullshitting that. In contrast What You're Doing sound like they needed another song, and Paul's trying really hard to stretch a bad idea into 2 minutes, and none of the other Beatles seem to even care to save the song. No wonder it was buried so deep in the album.
>>
>>70740350
>If I can't relate to it perosnally, it's shit

I literally said the opposite, which is that as long as the music is good, the quality of the lyrics/story doesn't even matter.
>>
>>70740432
>as long as the music is good, the quality of the lyrics/story doesn't even matter.
Oh then you agree Maxwell's Silver Hammer is great.
>>
>>70740427
I'd take What You're Doing over every cover and every original apart from Eight Days on Beatles For Sale.

Blackbird is comfy. Mother Nature's Son is sleep-inducing.
>>
>>70740365
Mother Nature's Son is fantastic you pleberino.
>>
>>70740460
>Mother Nature's Son is sleep-inducing.
This is literally your fault for being a pleb, not the song's.
>>
people that unironically take things that john lennon said whilst he was high on coke serious are fucking plebs

I bet you hate the second part of a day in the life and penny lane for being too whimsical "granny sounding"
>>
>>70740728
>WOKE UP, FELL OF THE BED
>>
>>70739966
>you were in a car crash, and you lost your hair

Ringo was too thick to understand the subtlety of the Paul Is Dead meme
>>
>>70739342
>Paul's still a thing
wake up, his influence is more interesting that himself
>>
paul beatle is the best beatle

his commitment for his job
his hair
his caring for jhon's first son (since jhon almost abandoned him for yoko)
his natural skills in playing even if is an illiterate
his vegan attitude
his smile
his attitude to folkloristic songs
his love for brian wilson

surely he knows how to beatle.
>>
File: be6.jpg (13KB, 224x216px) Image search: [Google]
be6.jpg
13KB, 224x216px
>>70741100
>his vegan attitude
>>
>>70739917
I agree. I love Oblawhateverthefuck but sixty-four has always rubbed me the wrong way
>>
>>70741137
im not even vegan but enjoy your cancer
>>
>>70741147
when im 64 has been my fave beatle song since i was 9 take that back or ill fucking kill you
>>
>>70741172
That's funny, when I'm 64 has been my fave beatle song since I was 64
>>
I always found Kurt's stand on the beatles a bit pleb-like. Not knowing him irl I'd think it's because liking the beatles had to be bad enough in seattle around all those metalheads in the late 80's..
but honestly, his lyrics might have been dark, but the pop is pouring out of most of his songs.
Paul seems to influece Kurt's works just as much as John did.
>>
ded
>>
>>70739665
Kill yourself
>>
>>70739917
>>70741147
64 is one of the comfiest songs he ever wrote
>>
>>70739975
Bang! Bang! Maxwell's silver hammer
Came down upon her head.
Bang! Bang! Maxwell's silver hammer
Made sure that she was dead.
>>
File: 1451100509643.jpg (53KB, 350x339px) Image search: [Google]
1451100509643.jpg
53KB, 350x339px
>>70740049
>What You're Doing
>>
>>70739342
How did The Offspring get away with ripping that song off so blatantly with that get a job song?
Did they get permission or something?
>>
>>70742852
No I'm asking for a citation, not some untruthful fantasy Mecca dreamed up
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.