[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

He made Pink Floyd a good band. Initially Pink Floyd was like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: waters.jpg (35KB, 510x284px) Image search: [Google]
waters.jpg
35KB, 510x284px
He made Pink Floyd a good band. Initially Pink Floyd was like a diamond in the rough. They had good ideas but it wasn't polished. Under Waters' direction, Pink Floyd was able to become an amazing band.
>>
no you didiot. it took all of them

roger waters solo albums? shit
gilmours solo albums? shit
idk if mason or wright made solo albums but I guarantee they'd be shit
barret? painted himself into the corner of a room and stayed there for days.

please no replies just let this thread die alongside with OP
>>
>>70732504
Rick Wright's Broken China is actually really good.
>>
>>70732525
as a big pink floyd fan I can honestly say I've never heard of it so it must be shit
>>
Rog nearly ruined the band after that bullshit with the wall
The best album is either Piper or Ummagumma and the best songs from both of those are barrett's
>>
>>70732504
I think you're neglecting the fact that Waters took leadership of the band. I don't think his solo work defines how good he is.
>>
File: pink-floyd-animals-14.jpg (33KB, 650x628px) Image search: [Google]
pink-floyd-animals-14.jpg
33KB, 650x628px
>>70732546
Bah!

Animals is their best album. Waters on full tilt. When he left he took all the band's edge with him.
>>
>>70732546
>Ummagumma
>barrett songs
There are no original songs by barrett on ummagumma dumbass, unless you are talking about astronomy domine on the live portion, which is not nearly as good as the three other songs.
>>
>>70732715
Barrett helped with some of saucerful of secrets
he got his own song on it so its not unreasonable to assume he helped on the others
>>
>>70732543
not big enough apparently. If you've never heard of it, that's your fault for not looking into it deep enough.
>>
>>70732780
>>70732546
>>70732504
Barrett was a basket case. I don't think Rog is any better but if Syd stayed with the band it would've died extremely fast.
>>
>>70732780
Yes but the post I replied to specified that the songs were barretts, like I'm sure roger waters helped out on bike, but by no means is that a waters song
>>
File: ACPPR48134.jpg (46KB, 511x511px) Image search: [Google]
ACPPR48134.jpg
46KB, 511x511px
Since we're all here, opinions on The Division Bell?
>>
Growing up is accepting that their Piper is their best
>>
File: Roger-Waters_NEW-POSTER.jpg (642KB, 2384x3371px) Image search: [Google]
Roger-Waters_NEW-POSTER.jpg
642KB, 2384x3371px
>>70732321
>Pink Floyd

Who?
>>
>>70733158
It's their third comfiest album, behind AHM and Meddle. I kinda wish they released the second disc when Division Bell came out.
>>
File: dave.jpg (38KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
dave.jpg
38KB, 500x375px
>>70732780
he played on three songs
the rest is Gilmour
>>
File: HorsefaceMcGee.gif (152KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
HorsefaceMcGee.gif
152KB, 500x333px
>>70732321
>>
>>70732543
>Never heard of it
>Must be bad

What kind of world do you live in?
>>
>>70733158
I'm a fan of The Division Bell. I actually think it's one of their best "mainstream" albums.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.