[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where can rock music go (musically speaking) nowadays? How can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 235245346.jpg (119KB, 731x408px) Image search: [Google]
235245346.jpg
119KB, 731x408px
Where can rock music go (musically speaking) nowadays? How can someone inonvate it?
>>
>>70726112
Who cares, live in the now, it's finished.
>>
>>70726112
Rock is finished as a creative force, just like jazz, classical and other genres with the peaks being decades/centuries old.
>>
>using actual instruments in 2017
>>
>>70726211
>actual
>>
>>70726211
I fear for our future
>>
>>70726188
Every year a bunch of rock songs reach number 1 and you say it's finished?
>>
>>70726419
So do Justin Bieber and Ed Sheeran, what does that tell you.
>>
The next big step is to make actual rock music.
Trust me, this is gonna be big (like a rock).
>>
>>70726112
They need to get some amps that go up to 12
>>
>>70726112

Your future is now...the Storm is coming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJJXNJo-c3Q
>>
>>70726513
It tells you rock music had been stagnant while pop music continues to be innovative, notice that the simple but repetitive yet catchy and memorable has mass appeal, drawing investments which result in cycles of good pop music.
Music doesn't have to be complicated and reserved for those who can understand it. The best artists can make a song that 75% or more of the world will enjoy. Don't you wonder why no one listens to your shitty nu metal? It's basically reserved for arrogant Assholes like you.
>>
>>70726672
I'm convinced, I just burned all my Slipknot cd's and shirts.
I feel free.
>>
more punk, less bitch-metal and dadrock.
>>
>>70726672
holy mega plebaroni pizza, you're taste is garbage.
>>
>>70726728
I long for the day that punk and free jazz meet
>>
>>70726419
>Every year a bunch of rock songs reach number 1 and you say it's finished?
I said it's finished as a creative force. These songs you mentioned about are usually full of cliches and they bring nothing new to table.
>>
>>70726112
>in the bargain bin
>travel back in time and literally reinvent itself
>>
>>70726750
>You are taste is garbage
I listen to everything, I plan to pursue a career as a composer. Pop music requires a lot of thought, as you are strategically putting together a song with a theme that draws the listener in. Songs like Starboy or Wildest Dreams do it well, songs like Shake it off and Happy fucking suck, but they WILL hypnotize you with their intentionally repetitive upbeat instrumentals. It's all science and ingenuity. Video game soundtracks did the same shit for 40 years and yall love em so damn much.
>3 minutes long
>Repetitive
>Singable melodies
>Theme that hooks the listener
>>
>>70726590

thats pretty sick- never heard them before..
>>
>>70726780
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hun8GlxGYus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGkpIQZZN_w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k9zCTq9i4c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66MJ-KOFBFQ
>>
>>70727058
Do you know why these things have so much success? Because the brain is fairly dumb and it gets excited (read: releases dopamine) when it gets what it's expecting (read: it recognizes patterns). It's a primal phenomenon.
>>
>>70726672
>>70727058
>it's popular because it's good!

The FUCK is a marketing
>>
File: stopped.jpg (23KB, 250x269px) Image search: [Google]
stopped.jpg
23KB, 250x269px
>>70727058
>I listen to everything, I plan to pursue a career as a composer.
>>
>>70727058
I bet you think mobile games are the pinnacle of video games

or that Dr. Seuss is better than The Great Gatsby.
>>
>>70726949
Well, you can say that most popular music and mass selling music right now doesn't have a pretty good creative force either. Almost every number 1 pop song is about love, have a cliche progression and bring nothing new to table at the end of the day.
>>
>>70727076
this was pretty good, thanks. Not the exact sound I hoped would one day exist, but close.
>>
>>70726780
Listen to the last 3 songs on The Stooges Fun House
>>
>>70726780
Look up jazzcore
>>
File: 1475893242902.jpg (3MB, 1944x3040px) Image search: [Google]
1475893242902.jpg
3MB, 1944x3040px
>>70726728
I've got some bad news for ya......... PIC RELATED!

>>70726728
Perhaps you've heard of a compilation called No New York or maybe a band out of San Pedro California called The Minutemen? If not check both out.
>>
>>70728535
Image means nothing.

You know damn well what dadrock is.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.