[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one is more flawless?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2262.jpg (127KB, 596x298px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2262.jpg
127KB, 596x298px
Which one is more flawless?
>>
Spiderland
>>
>>70717616
No
>>
>>70717654
Yes
>>
>>70717612
impossible question since both are 10/10s
>>
File: IMG_1257.jpg (29KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1257.jpg
29KB, 220x220px
They're both heavily flawed.

This, on the other hand...
>>
>>70717720
....is boring as shit
>>
>>70717671
No
>>
>>70717616
/thread
>>
>>70717671
Maybe
>>
>>70717612
Loveless. Spiderland has already been outdone.
>>
>>70717720
correct
>>
>>70718278
I disagree. Loveless, while great, is pretty simple arrangements put through shit loads of distortion. All shoegaze sounds like Loveless essentially. On the other hand I've never heard anything that sounds like Spiderland. Things like Godspeed were influenced by them but nobody really sounds like Slint.

Is there something you've heard that maybe I haven't that makes you think that?
>>
>>70718331
>all shoegaze sounds like Loveless essentially

spoken like somebody that doesnt listen to shoegaze
>>
>>70718278
>Spiderland has already been outdone.
show me, I want to know if there really exist better albums than spiderland
>>
>>70718525
or at least better albums in a similar style then
>>
>>70718425
True but it's the general aesthetic of the genre, heavily distorted melody based music, usually simple pop structures.

Spiderland isn't even in a genre. It's not post-hardcore, it's not really math-rock or emo or post-rock. It's Slint. Jesus and Mary Chain sounds a lot like My Bloody Valentine. They're different, sure, but similar. Nothing sounds like Spiderland AFAIK.
>>
Was 1991 the official best year in music ever?
>>
>>70717612
they're both extremely flawed meme albums, i couldn't really pick one
>>
>>70719475
yes
>>
>white boys think they "music" is worth celebrating

aoty 1991 niggas
not open for discussion
>>
Loveless literally sounds like a youtube to MP3 download even when you are listening to 320 on a nice home audio set up
>>
>>70717720
... is perfect
>>
>>70717693
This. But if i and my family are pointed by a fusil, i wold say Spiderland.
>>
>>70719495
>>70719637
ree
>>70719538
too many good albums this year to be definitive i think. great choice though
>>
most retarded thread you'll see today
why would you even compare the two?
spiderland is a fucking trash meme album literally fuck off
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>70717612
>more flawless
>flawless - without flaw
>one is more flawless than the other
>but both are flawless
>>
right isn't that great, but /mu/ will never admit it because muh perfect taste
>>
Both just boring as sin
>>
>>70719034
there's a shitload of post-hardcore/emo bands that ape slint
no ones done anything as good but still
>>
>>70721127
What kind of ADHD appealing music do you listen to?
>>
>>70719034
this came out one year bedore spiderland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEcn_u0FuV4
>>
>>70717612
Spiderland has far more interesting songwriting backing up it's unique production, and is far more creative with its arrangements through what it is that the musicians are actually playing as well rather than just production stuff.
>>
>>70721206
it's a case of a style being perfected versus a style being invented. spiderland's ingenuity spawned much of second wave post rock, teenage post-hardcore, and math rock. but loveless is almost untouchable in its perfection.
>>
I enjoy both, I like Spiderland more because of it's emotional value

They don't have a lot in common musically wise though, so I don't see the point in comparing them

What shit thread btw
>>
>>70721349
Not only that though, Spiderland's unique combination of the three genres like that really hasn't been done since. Yeah you can find a lot of bands that "sound" like Slint, but they aren't even close to what this band does on Spiderland. While Loveless' production style really hasn't been done in shoegaze often either (probably why it's so far above everything else in its genre), Spiderland's very particular production trick where it takes an actually grand sound and make it somehow sound sparse as fuck is unprecedented when it comes to studio production meanwhile a lot of Loveless' tricks can be seen in non-rock forms of music.
>>
>>70717612
I can't even hear the vocals on either of them. They are not flawless. What is it with pretentious asshats and them liking music with barely audible vocals? If you bother to have lyrics and vocals, why make them so quite?
>>
>>70721449
Stop listening to your music so quietly you little bitch
>>
They are both awful, and exemplary of the "indie music" fanbase: lazy and pretentious as fuck. It's all lazily made straightforward repetitive garbage that white people who have their heads super far up their ass think is the greatest thing ever.
>>
>>70721449
t. earpod listener
>>
>>70718278
please, please find me a better spiderland
i've been searching for years
>>
>>70719880
>listened to spiderland once
>>70721449
with spiderland its because the vocals are p much purely aesthetic / atmosphere, there's some interest in them but they add atmosphere, not intellectualism
in loveless its about making it as dreamy as possible. it's kevin shields singing 12 times over himself, pitched up to sound like a woman
literally sounds like pink noise
>>
>>70718331
>>70718525
https://spillyourmilk.bandcamp.com/album/at-little-radio-free-download

They're purely instrumental though, minus the random skits.
>>
>>70722587
>Normal sounding progressions

This doesn't outdo Spiderland it doesn't even sound like it was written by a schizophrenic
>>
I love both records to death, and the two have one of the things I consider essential to a great record - a killer opening track that perfectly sets the tone for what follows -, but Loveless is on a level of its own.
>>
loveless is great but spiderland is way better. loveless is overproduced.
>>
>>70723933
>Loveless is overproduced
Lmao this board gets funnier every day
>>
>>70719495
this
>>
>>70719475
>>
>>70724811
>doesn't realize that Loveless is the true definition of overproduced with its army of engineers and the amount of studio trickery gone into it
How do people who claim to be fans of a certain musician don't even know what's going on in their stuff musically?
>>
>>70724860
>Still not understanding the concept of being "overproduced"

It is only overproduced if it detracts from the music. No matter how much studio trickery and engineering went into Loveless, it does not detract from the music. In fact, it's one of its main strengths. It is not overproduced.
>>
>>70724926
that statement would be true... if there was any music in loveless
>>
>>70724977
How do people who claim to be fans of a certain musician don't even know what's going on in their stuff musically?
>>
>>70724977
There's about 45 minutes of it. Overproduced is produced in high fidelity, such a way that it detracts from either the texture of the music or the message in the lyrics- underproduced can be the same thing, with the cause being due to too low of fidelity as opposed to too high.

The point of Loveless is to digest the whole layer cake at once: the army of guitars; the relatively quiet vocals and percussion in the background; the colorful high notes that, while quiet, stick out of the mix tastefully due to their space being so open. it's very pretty despite its overall simplicity, which is to say that arguably the balancing of these elements both in and out of the studio had more to do with songcraft than writing the songs themselves. The point is to highlight the textures and contrasts that can be found in even the most basic songs- Jesus and Mary Chain are another example of this realm of songcraft.
>>
>>70721500
(You)
>>
>>70725169
shields probably put less effort into loveless than you put into this post
>>
>>70721500
You like jazz?
>>
"flawless" is an interesting word

do Spiderland's enthusiasts even argue that it isn't a flawed album?

I thought that you guys liked that thing in spite of/because of its flaws.
>>
>>70717720
the birds are continents and the tree is a globe
>>
>>70725276
Effortless doesn't mean it wasn't clever.
>>
>>70717612
I would say loveless
>>
>>70725578
even if it was, clever doesn't make it enjoyable
>>
>>70717720
Only half correct
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.