[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vaporwave and Chill.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: sldrkb.jpg (575KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
sldrkb.jpg
575KB, 2560x1440px
My name is Zararus, and i'm a Vaporwave Artist, i upload weekly and am trying to get noticed. The Samples i use are clean and good, and i'd like some feedback on how i sound to other people. also, Bump this thread with some chill Vaporwave, Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvslfgiDSlxz2BsKKqxovhg
>>
Stop shilling your shit outside of bandcamp/soundcloud threads.
>>
noose
>>
>>70713223
I dont have a band camp, i do youtube only
>>
File: 1485708902181.png (183KB, 475x353px) Image search: [Google]
1485708902181.png
183KB, 475x353px
>>70713246
vaporwave isn't just dank ambient for stoners.
you have to cultivate an air of mystery around it, like it's found footage and stuff.

In order to do that you have to AVOID attaching yourself to your music and you have to AVOID making people pay for your music (even if they're youtube advertisers). Just post it in the bandcamp/soundcloud threads. Don't post it on youtube. Don't tell us "hey my name is so and so". Nobody cares about you. Half of vaporwave's appeal is the illusion that it's a weird piece of music that drifted through the internet from the early 90s and that nobody knows exactly who made it.

Vaporwave isn't just a sound, it's a myth about some kind of uncanny relic/document from an ideal version of the future of the past. Something you'd find on an old geocities page, in a box of cassette tapes in your attic, or in some obscure Japanese compilation from 20 years ago. I'm not asking you to pretend that it's the case but at any rate you should avoid discussing it like it's your hip-hop mixtape and like we should care about you as an artist.

If you NEED FEEDBACK then post a sample of it on clyp.it ANONYMOUSLY and once you've perfected it, then share it through the preferred channels without being insistent or underhanded about it.
>>
>>70713967
explaining things should be banned
>>
>>70714001
I know it's the kind of obvious shit that shouldn't need explaining but some people really are clueless.
>>
>>70713967
fag
Also technically the original that was sampled is mysterious, then the added deepness makes it spookier. You don't have to do any of that, but I guess it is preferred

Also release a comp on Bandcamp, I want to listen to that shit
>>
>>70714695
By "any of that", I mean what @70713967 was saying. And you know what, he has a point with not attaching an identity to your vapes, it is just slowed down songs anyway. But you were trying to be friendly, maybe they're in the wrong

Another thing, "the sampled I use are clean and good" wtf. That's more of a negative if anything
>>
>>70714695
wow so you basically agree with everything I said but you still feel the need to call me a fag because I didn't word it in a tactful way?

wew
>>
>>70714912
Yeah I apologise for calling you a fag
>>
>>70713205
please leave and never come back
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.