[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there such thing as new music? Or is it just old sounds in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: Top-Gun.jpg (99KB, 621x375px) Image search: [Google]
Top-Gun.jpg
99KB, 621x375px
Is there such thing as new music? Or is it just old sounds in a different fashion?
>>
>>70712844
Old sounds, different fashion.
>>
D E A T H G R I P S
>>
It's just the same notes over and over again, really. Some people like to say that these waves vibrating through the air are art, but they are just deluded people trying to put a meaning to the dopamine flowing in their brains. Music should be just a stimulant to make people shake and fuck and after that go to work in something meaningfull like math or chemistry.
>>
File: WiseOne.jpg (128KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
WiseOne.jpg
128KB, 960x960px
>>70712844
i live in a town with like population:5k, and we have this guy

https://soundcloud.com/wise_one_wtr/before-the-serpent-ft-lo-key
>>
>>70712989
Sounds like a mix of psychedelic rock and hip hop
>>
>>70713079
funny that you say psychedelic.. we dropped acid and have drank ayahuasca before
>>
There has been nothing new since the dawn of the 1-4-5 bass progression.
>>
the only changing part of music is the aesthetics
>>
>>70712844
old boots, new dirt
>>
>>70712964
literally this, we are all just collections of atoms bouncing into and off of each other, everything we feel is just a chemical reaction. How has no one realized this? Nothing is real. Read Neitzsczhe. Read Camus. If you can handle it, that is.
>>
Uhhh buddy... Nietzsche was definitely not a materialist, and though it's quite possible that Camus'particular absurdist existentialism had it's roots in materialism, I don't recall him ever expressly saying so.
>>
>>70713553
underrated post
>>
>>70712964
you're fucking retarded

literally every single piece of art ever can be interpreted like this. go be edgy somewhere else.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>70712844
Dang ol' dang ol' dang
Dang ol' dang ol' dang
Dang ol' dang ol' dang
I tell you hwat
*fart*
>>
>>70713569
I fucking love Nietzsche. Zarathustra is my jam. And if I hear one more retard say he's le nihilistic depressive man I'll punch them in the face. He's a fucking giver of joy and hope. Live a little people, you are fucking chemicals.
>>
>>70713569
>>70714998

I can't tell parody vs pure retardation on this forum sometimes : (
>>
>>70712964
>meaningful like math of chemistry

They aren't even in the same league. Math is a language, just like music - and it's even less real. Chemistry on the other hand is as real as anything. Meaningfulness is subjective.

Then again if we were all scientists and artists the world would be a much more fantastic place.
>>
>>70715024
How about trying to decipher whether you thought that shit in your head was going to be as retarded as it looks on paper right now or just a parody
>>
>>70715040
Jesus christ this place is much worse than I thought.
>>
>>70715024
>I can't tell parody vs pure retardation on this forum sometimes : (

19 year old "intellectuals" having their first encounter with existential and nihilistic reductionism.

The ontology their spouting ("we're just all chemicals and atoms, bro!") is pretty outdated in modern philosophical and even scientific circles (though some of the latter still stupidly cling to reductionist materialism and positivism.
>>
>>70715083
>their

*they're
>>
>>70715083
I'll have you know I'm 22 and way ahead of you!
>>
File: keks.gif (2MB, 311x223px) Image search: [Google]
keks.gif
2MB, 311x223px
>>70713553
10/10
>>
The OP's premise always comes back to semantics.

How do you define "new?"

Why is "new" always "good?" Indeed humans love novelty, but novelty, unless it connects with you in some way, doesn't have staying power. This is why your favorite song, meal, movie, or whatever always remains "fresh" every time you engage with it (provided you don't binge on it, but even if you do binge and momentarily get bored of your favorites, you'll usually return to them after a break).
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.